What's up with shrinking reward tiers in the Hunt?!

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
When I began the Hunt the top 50 individuals were going to get 2 covers. Now they have reduced the 2-cover tier to top 20? That's not right. You can't shrink reward tiers; especially after an event has started.

Are we supposed to constantly check the rewards page to make sure you haven't decided to mess with them some more? This is your first event with the expanded 4* rewards - you set an expectation with the preview screen and you should follow through.

The last time you made a mistake on rewards you paid out what was displayed even after recognizing the error [3* torch @ 500 instead of the 2*]. The same consideration should be made now. Make this right.

*EDIT* I opened a CS ticket and stated my case. The resolution was quick, and satisfactory. Thank you, D3.

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Remember, the first sub was in Alaska.

When it gets that cold, your icon_thing.png is gonna shrink a little.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the intent was to allow twice as many people in the new tiers than in the last 4* intro.

Last time (Carnage)
    4 covers - 1st place (1)
    3 covers - 2- 5 (4)
    2 covers - 6-10 (5)
    1 cover - 11 - 50 (40)

This time (Thing)
    4 covers - 1st and 2nd (2)
    3 covers - 3 - 10 (8)
    2 covers - 11 - 20 (10)
    1 cover - 21 - 100 (80)

I mean, if you want be outraged because the rewards were revised after the event started, I ain't gonna stop ya, but I don't think they were wrong to do so.
  • I, also, checked the rewards preview before joining the event. I planned my play accordingly to achieve the extra cover at top 50. I was lucky enough to check the rewards about a day after I started to see what colors they were, and noticed the change. I have had to fight hard to make up for my early casual play, and started the last sub in 21.

While I'm thankful for the newly expanded prizes. The error in execution has affected play and outcomes, and should be dealt with accordingly.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I started well in the event but relaxed my play just going for top 50, then noticed it had changed back, and while disappointed, I'm not surprised.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Unsure how they think changing rewards after event starts is a good idea... When their shield timers bug out and don't allow people to shield when it should be available, the Devs say "adjust your play style accordingly". I find it a laughable defense to the programming error. I'll get top 50 this event and likely send in a ticket, and I'm sure they'll say the same for this. However, it's a little hard to do that in this case when they change reward tiers after the fact...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like I'm really lucky to have been able to climb into t20 in my slice. if I hadn't been able to do it - bad taste... I know lots in that position and I've said it before, but I think its chicken bleep to pull it back.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    HIGHLY disappointed at this news! First time back doing PVE and this is not the welcome I wanted. I'm not far out from two covers (currently 26), but still think it's unfair whether I land the two covers or not. Should've known it was too good to be true. Don't know if I'll dedicate myself to putting in a final push for top 20 at this point...
  • This would be one of those times it would be great to hear from someone representing the development team...

Just sayin'.

DBC
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Though I'm still kind of frustrated about the change in covers mid event, at least The Thing greenflag.png does damage, meaning I'll actually use him from time to time in PVP, unlike my Hulkbuster blackflag.png ...Since they're both star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png , Lord knows when I'll see another cover...
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I'm mad because when I started the event, I saw that the second cover was at top 50, so I played accordingly in order to stay at #40-50 or so, believing that would get me the second cover. By the time I found out they quietly changed the reward structure, the event was basically on the final day so it was impossible to try to get to top 20. If I had known since the start it would be top 20 I could have grinded accordingly, but they basically just pulled the rug out from under me on this.
  • Asmodius37
    Asmodius37 Posts: 32
    Yeah, I noticed the shrinking reward tier too. It sucks.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I get that it was probably always intended that top 50 only get one cover, but people played on the understanding that they would get two because the rewards said they would. You can't be expected to keep checking the rewards throughout an event and it is very annoying to find the goalposts have been moved when it is too late to do anything about it. I got a nasty surprise here and I am not happy about it
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Well that's almost as shady as announcing massive nerfs to 4Thor on the forums, but not announcing them in game for another week because that would pre-empt the giant SALE sign designed to have people spend money on her before news spread.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I opened a support ticket stating I finished t50, only got 1 cover when I expected to receive 2. I included a screenshot of the rewards preview showing 2 covers for t50. The response acknowledged the change/error and offered to award the cover that had been originally promised.

Nerd-rage dissipating.
  • I guess it can't hurt to try another ticket.

Will report back as always, hopefully with good news for a change.

DBC
  • ********Intentional double post because I don't want this getting missed...********

MAJOR props to D3. That was the quickest, fairest interaction I have experienced with ANY development team in a long time.

Submitted ticket, representative checked my records, apologized, resolved issue, like, since I first posted.

D3, welcome to the ranks of development teams like Kiloo and Halfbrick with regard to customer care.

I have never spared your feelings when I felt like something with you or your property wasn't working for me. I will spare no words now to let you and others know that THAT is how you handle customer care!

DBC