So, about those tokens...

AXP_isme
AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have two questions that I hope some helpful forumites can answer:
1) Can anyone confirm that the old tacos are stuck in their previous rotation? I suppose this means anyone drawing, say, a mystique from and old taco since the vault was introduced yesterday.
2) does anyone know when the enhanced draw rates for 4*s come into effect? It all seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 20 archived Taco Tokens in each of the sets. I opened them all this morning -

Set 1 produced a Blade, 2xPatch, and a 3* Human Torch. This actually lines up with the current week. It is possible that the sets are still synched with the current week, in which case I should have waited for characters I needed, but ... meh.

Set 2 produced no 3* characters, so I can't confirm. It happens - I did get a 250HP from it so it wasn't a wash. I believe it should be the last set, Falcon, Psylocke, Beast, Bullseye, and Captain America.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the update, it's very interesting. I did wonder whether they'd still be synced with the rotations we just wouldn't be able to get any more.
    Now I just have to figure out which set of expired tokens is synced with which week. I knew I should have been paying more attention...
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Read this thread: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=30916#p376417

It has good responses from IceIX about DPDQ tokens, the rotations they will remain at, etc.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:

It has good responses from IceIX about DPDQ tokens, the rotations they will remain at, etc.

The information is false. I turned in my tokens after the vault opened and got a HT red and black which lines up with what's currently in the vault. I think I got a beast or something from the other set.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    dkffiv wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

The information is false. I turned in my tokens after the vault opened and got a HT red and black which lines up with what's currently in the vault. I think I got a beast or something from the other set.

And silly me, I ate all my leftover taco's last week. I got a 3BE cover that I needed, and I think my 205th SQ Yellow cover that I didn't, but dang - now I wish I had held off. I wonder if the old taco's will continue to reset of if this was a one time thing as they made the switch from old taco to sweet taco's and old token page to the Vault.

Gosh, it sure would be nice if someone in the know (IceIX....feel free to chime in) could confirm if:
    (1) Will Original (Classic!) Taco's continue to reset each week (A & B rotations)?
    (2) Will Sweet Taco's be joined by Salty, Spicy, Umami or other types of taco's, causing those who might save their taco's to potentially wait 2.7 years before we spend them (I know... it's our choice - but would be nice to know if there will be a rotation on taco-type).

IceIX did discuss #1 and thought they wouldn't reset, but it appears (at least this week) that they did. So....
  • 2) is a good question
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Let's be honest, most of the time the devs plan something, something always goes wrong. They don't test anything out like they should. Hence why they had fun testing out Ultron the first time around but didn't play it to the end to see that there weren't enough points for everyone in the alliance in round 1 or only 1 or 2 teams would be able to finish it in round 2 because there was too much health.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

If they're only going to have one set of Taco tokens for the vault, then probably only one of the sets will stay in synch. Of course, the problem is going to be determining which one. Based on what you said, it sounds like it should be the next-to-last set before the vault (so the last set before the vault will stay Beast, Bullseye, Captain America, Falcon, Psylocke.)

I can't help in confirming that, though, I'm out of old taco tokens.
  • Anyone tested this out recently?

Opened 51 old tokens yesterday, and not a single 3*

Even with the low 3* drop rate, this is particularly unlucky...
  • Anyone tested this out recently?

Opened 51 old tokens yesterday, and not a single 3*

Even with the low 3* drop rate, this is particularly unlucky...
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30997
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    How irritating! Because of IceIX's comments in that prior thread, I consumed all my tacos last week hoping for bullseyes (no luck, sadly). I could have wait to try for the last Iron Fist or Switch covers that I still need.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I'm getting a tad bit confused. DDQ tokens draw from it's respective vault (sweet with sweet, savory with savory). If you stockpile the tokens till it resets, they draw from a different (independence?) vault? Or am I totally misunderstanding the concept?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    I'm getting a tad bit confused. DDQ tokens draw from it's respective vault (sweet with sweet, savory with savory). If you stockpile the tokens till it resets, they draw from a different (independence?) vault? Or am I totally misunderstanding the concept?

You'll always be able to see your vault rates, so I stopped tracking that. Your tokens appear at a vault, and that's the vault they will draw from.

The old tokens were even/odd weeks, and didn't update into vault tokens. Folks have reported here:
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817&start=140

That at least for the last two weeks the old tacos have still been updating on both even/odd weeks: that is, the tacos updated last rotation, and updated again this rotation. The "Even" week ones are pulling Thor this week.

Which is indeed quite annoying, since I used my "even" tokens to try for Bullseye (failed) since I thought they wouldn't update - but they will be good for QS/SW/Vision in two weeks, and the "odd" tokens won't have a pull I need until....well, farther than I have tracked out (September). I guess I could try for blue Rags simply to get rid of them and hope for HP instead.
  • Marty17 wrote:

The Independence Vault is unrelated to DDQ. It is only up for a week, tokens are winable through pvp progression rewards.

DDQ has 2 vaults. If you are stockpiling, you will amass for one vault over 5 days, then switch over to the second vault, then returning to the first.....I think the remaining question (or one of the biggies) is if the contents of the vault update when it becomes "live" again as the "featured 3*" should change.....