Who writes the character ability descriptions?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The Thing's are beautiful, character specific, personality specific, and really just.....MARVELous.

By far the best done set in the game, thus far. Can we pleeeeease have that same person do all characters from now on? Or if it's the same person who's always done it, can they please have that same zeal when writing, from now on?

:+D

Comments

• If anything can we just not let the guy who thought "is on now bro" was a good idea for Hawkeye not do any more descriptions? Did they even fix that typo? I don't have him anymore lol
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boldbrute wrote:
    If anything can we just not let the guy who thought "is on now bro" was a good idea for Hawkeye not do any more descriptions? Did they even fix that typo? I don't have him anymore lol

Wasn't that intentional? Having to do with the modern Hawkeye comics that were currently running?

But I definitely agree with OP. Ability names have came a long way in probably the last probably dozen or so characters (things like "The Thirst", "Fastball Special", and "Yancy Street Special" are pretty awesome throwbacks to the characters themselves), but some of the descriptions have been pretty, uh, boring?

Gamora's Skullcracker is an ability that I can think of off the top of my head that have a serious comic book vibe to it's description.

Overall, keep up the goo works guys!
  • TLCstormz
    lol.

"goo work" = "is on now bro"

?

:+p
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Boldbrute wrote:
    If anything can we just not let the guy who thought "is on now bro" was a good idea for Hawkeye not do any more descriptions? Did they even fix that typo? I don't have him anymore lol

Wasn't that intentional? Having to do with the modern Hawkeye comics that were currently running?

Yup. It's 100% connected to the current run. The primary recurring villains of the book (dubbed The Tracksuit Draculas by Hawkeye) are low grade mob guys who end pretty much every statement with the word bro, which of course Clint mocks. As such things like "is on now, bro" and other uses of it have become key phrases for fans of the book, to the point where sites even use it in headlines ("Farewell, bro" or "Hawkeye #1 is seriously free right now, bro").

VUN32aT.png
  • TLCstormz
    I thought the gripe was with the SPELLING / GRAMMAR error of a Hawkeye's line, not the line itself.

Shouldn't it be

"IT'S on now, bro" instead of "IS on now, bro"?

--- __________ ---
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    It's mocking specifically how they talk:

Bw3Eypk.png