Thank you.

san
san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wish to thank the team at D3/Demiurge/whoever works on this game.

As a player closing in on a year (which I consider to be verging on an f2p vet), I am very pleased with some of the recent changes, and thought I'd share that with you.

Though I was skeptical of the new scoring system, I am starting to really enjoy it, and the fact that I can now score 1000pts with a little bit of effort. I LOVE Deadpool Dailies (who am I kidding, is there anyone that doesn't?). I was also very pleasantly surprised with the new simulator rewards, despite not needing any of the 3* covers offered this season.

Anyways, don't want to prolong the post, this is just a simple thank you for doing the things you do.

TL:DR: Great job to the development team!

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy ****, a completely positive post! On this forum?! If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were a shill... icon_e_wink.gif

I agree with san-mpq. This season seems to have brought many good things. Thanks, Demiurge.
  • san
    El Satanno wrote:
    Holy ****, a completely positive post! On this forum?! If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were a shill... icon_e_wink.gif

I agree with san-mpq. This season seems to have brought many good things. Thanks, Demiurge.

I had to look up the word shill icon_e_smile.gif.

Nope, not a shill. In fact, I've critiqued D3 on more than one occasion. However, positive changes deserve positive response, just as much as any changes I don't like deserve the critique.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Japanese, a "sakura" (litterally a "cherry blossom,") is someone in the audience who applauds or cheers because they're in the pay of the performer. icon_e_smile.gif

Regardless, I agree with you. Most of the recent changes have been overwhelmingly positive.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thank them too for the work they do. there have been many many positive changes since I started playing last thanksgiving: ddq, 8-hr pve refreshes, lower iso leveling costs, pvp point system, increased health packs, the possible death of community scaling in pve. those are significant positive changes. and I thank you d3 and all who work on the game for providing me with tons of entertainment.

nothing is perfect and while some things have been puzzling (pulling event awards from t50 to t20 after it was put in the game being the most recent), I know those who work on it are just trying to do their job. I know sometimes what makes the most business sense doesn't always equate to customer happiness and vice versa.

I thank you for the communication we get - would be nice if there were a little more regarding new things like the vault.
  • san-mpq wrote:
    I LOVE Deadpool Dailies (who am I kidding, is there anyone that doesn't?).

I'll be the crazy one. I'm not really a fan of it. It's useful, but Im not in love with it.

I wish it just gave taco tokens for the other 2 plain iso nodes, since in theory, they run the risk of giving you a 2 star cover, which sells for 250 iso, which would in comparison, be a possible downgrade, and I was hoping that was something that was changing with the vault. I'd much rather spin the wheel 4 times a day for a minimum 1k iso, (assuming all 4 pulls are 2 star covers) than have the guaranteed 2k we get currently, because it means more chances at obtaining 3 stars I'd need.

Alas, im still stuck at one taco a day, unless I get lucky enough to already have the 3 star of the day, so DDQ doesn't really pay off for me quite yet. icon_e_sad.gif

Not meaning to sound like an ingrate though, I still enjoy the game and play daily, at least.
  • san
    Haetron wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    I LOVE Deadpool Dailies (who am I kidding, is there anyone that doesn't?).

I'll be the crazy one. I'm not really a fan of it. It's useful, but Im not in love with it.

I wish it just gave taco tokens for the other 2 plain iso nodes, since in theory, they run the risk of giving you a 2 star cover, which sells for 250 iso, which would in comparison, be a possible downgrade, and I was hoping that was something that was changing with the vault. I'd much rather spin the wheel 4 times a day for a minimum 1k iso, (assuming all 4 pulls are 2 star covers) than have the guaranteed 2k we get currently, because it means more chances at obtaining 3 stars I'd need.

Alas, im still stuck at one taco a day, unless I get lucky enough to already have the 3 star of the day, so DDQ doesn't really pay off for me quite yet. icon_e_sad.gif

Not meaning to sound like an ingrate though, I still enjoy the game and play daily, at least.

Before DDQ, there was nothing. I am from the era (read: only last year, but I'm trying to sound old and seasoned here lol) where we had no DDQ, meaning no way to get the darn 3* cover, save for getting in top 100 (which was difficult with a 2* roster) or just being plain lucky on token pulls. Now, I'm lucky I got into a team that was just on the verge of being a top 100 (and now we are 8 seasons running), but this was the ONLY way to get covers sometimes (from team rewards). So when DDQ came in, it gave players like me, who had 20-30 3*s all under-covered, a chance to make up the difference. There would be days I wouldn't have a chance at any 3*s, now at least I have one. This was good, and I believe that newer players don't realize how good - I think it gets underappreciated as a result.

I get that you'd rather open more tokens, and I get being irked at not having the 3* of the day. However, with persistence, you too will come to a point where the 3* is nothing but 500iso extra a day. I like the 4k iso I get daily from this, as it helps me level the 3*s I already have.

Piece of advice. Save the iso for characters you actually want. It runs out quick once you're in the middle of that the 3* transition.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey OP, can I have the number of your weed dealer?

Thanks.
  • san
    Hey OP, can I have the number of your weed dealer?

Thanks.

Hi Clyde, while I don't smoke weed myself, I live in BC, Canada. I think almost any number here is a number of a weed dealer. Just start dialling 1.604.555.5555 or any other number after the 5s... icon_e_smile.gif

That said, I want to send a clear message - kids, don't do drugs.

Now, to address the negativity in your post, I have attached a cute picture of a cat.

d83f61983706fd59354f88fed3f79c39.jpg

If you can't beat them, confuse them. That's my motto.