YAAAAY!!!

Epok
Epok Posts: 41
Ok, so a lot of the time I realize the forums can be filled with nothing but complaints. This is not one of those times.

I have been playing since season 4, and have seen the game change a lot. Change isn't always easy, but in hindsight I'd like to say overall the changes that I have seen have made the game better.
-Choosing an event start and end time
-Capping the cost of hero slots in roster at 1k
-Actually sending out a survey ASKING what people thought about purchasing covers with gold instead of just pushing the change.
-Eliminating the downtime between events, and sometimes having events run at the same time
-Increasing the PVP points per match and lowering the rewards points thresholds

And now in PVP having a 2nd 4-star cover reward at 1300 points, making the 1k cover easier to hit, and finally fixing rewards in the season simulator.

I just wanted to say thanks to D3, because I know you don't get enough of that. I can't wait to see how you fix the season rewards next!

*cough*legendary tokens(min-3-star-covers)*cough*

<3

Comments

• Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    I was thinking to write something similar, though with a different title ( icon_e_wink.gif ). I really just had it two months back, and scaled things back a lot (top 5 season 12, top 100 season 13).

The mistakes? The nerfing, the MMR, the flood of characters, and though it doesn't effect many, the price of hp was increased 20% in my region based on the rising dollar... a pretty ridiculous thing for digital commerce, since $20 (¥2000 here) feels the same wherever you go, regardless of the exchange rate. There were other grievances, but I've forgotten them now.

Since then, the biggest change was the change in point values. PVP, which had become a slog, is now relatively breezy, which is fun. These point values are great. I mostly like the weekly power boosts, since I can use my full roster. I wish the designers colour coordinated a little better, but this week is good, and next week will be deadly (290 Patch/240 Hood/240 Daredevil or Kamala, luckily mine are all at 166). Those boosts make things more strategic too, since Daredevil shines against Patch. The announcement of the second 4* at 1300 is amazing. The ten med packs are wonderful too, and make up for how brutal the PVP scene is getting with Carnage and the like.

So, three months back, massive damage was made to the game, and since then, there have been massive improvements to make it more playable.

The devs deserve credit for steering that ship around. Hard to say if they were simply listening in the first place, or if the exodus of players forced them to listen, but they listened, and that's what counts. icon_e_geek.gif