Ridicoulous cascades !!!!!!!!!

Vinmarc43
Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Please DEV,
After a million post on cascades, could you please tone it down 20-25% , this game would be more enjoyable that way.
The boards would be more strategic then luck.
Please for the 1,000,001 of time, try it, make us happy icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can minimize cascades by being more strategic. It reduces luck. Before you make a move, look to see if any chains are possible. When evaluating a move, look to see how the tiles will drop. What moves will it leave the AI? Does it leave them a chain? Does it leave the AP in a color that will give them a move? Then look at the unknown tiles that will drop from the ceiling. How likely is it you'll get a cascade? How likely is it that you'll leave the AI a match 4 or 5?

The match-3 element of this game might actually be the most balanced part. People who match mindlessly are worse than the AI, but people who take their time to plan are better.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    You can minimize cascades by being more strategic. It reduces luck. Before you make a move, look to see if any chains are possible. When evaluating a move, look to see how the tiles will drop. What moves will it leave the AI? Does it leave them a chain? Does it leave the AP in a color that will give them a move? Then look at the unknown tiles that will drop from the ceiling. How likely is it you'll get a cascade? How likely is it that you'll leave the AI a match 4 or 5?

The match-3 element of this game might actually be the most balanced part. People who match mindlessly are worse than the AI, but people who take their time to plan are better.
    if he's talking about ultron sentries, swarm makes all that irrelevant. all luck and sometimes you're unlucky. swarm is pretty well designed at producing cascades. there are characters in the game that do a good job if it too: xf, cmags, gsbw, thor, fist, doom, jugs, etc. but swarm is well done. its annoying as hell and basically makes you choose to either eat the attack tiles or take the swarm stingers (looks like bees stinging the bottom of the board).
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Thx Scottee
    You are right, but after playing for 560+ days, cascades are still out of control and very annoying, I like to take my time analysing the board after each turn, but when the AI starts with those crazy 60+ ap, there's no way out of that "period" unless D3 tones it down similar to Bejewled. icon_e_wink.gif
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I think we need a variant of Godwin's law that says that within 72 hours of the disappearance of the last visible cascade complaint thread from page 1 of general discussion another will be added. Then there's a corollary that says someone will attribute the OP's complaint to confirmation bias within the next 12 posts.
    I think I'll call it the catechism of the cascade though I'm happy to listen to better names if anyone has one.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Whilst true we get cascades too, what is always neglected is that the dark avengers have cheap costing abilities that can drop or severely damage a character. Even a small cascade accomplishes this. A larger cascade, well you may as well retreat to get your characters back faster.

Now when we get cascades that can similarly drop/severely damage a character then maybe you can compare player cascades with ai cascades. It's actually apples v oranges otherwise. And you know what? A little boring and condescending when people want to trot it out when someone just needs to vent. It's better than attacking someone or smashing your device.

I will simply add, I feel for you op. We have all been there. Loki is a perma fixture for me to help mitigate cascades. I sure missed him during the heroic!