Crazy Idea: Give out new character covers...to everyone

2»

Comments

• I think the OP's idea is not a very good one, but I've seen many that are 100x worse on here so there's that. icon_lol.gif

Call me crazy here but I think the game is probably easier to progress now for beginners than ever before isn't it?
    Leveling costs are cheaper, draw rates are increased, roster slot prices are cheaper, and there's Deadpool Daily.
    Granted there's a lot more characters to get but it's also a lot easier to get them.

As for the 40 pack bashing, I guess it really is some crazy RNG at work because I can say that my 3 40x packs netted me 57 total star.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png pulls and almost all were usable for my current transition. I totally understand the argument the money could have been better spent just buying covers I need but for me half the fun is not knowing what I'll get.

Tl;dr Magneto was right.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    I think the OP's idea is not a very good one, but I've seen many that are 100x worse on here so there's that. icon_lol.gif

Call me crazy here but I think the game is probably easier to progress now for beginners than ever before isn't it?
    Leveling costs are cheaper, draw rates are increased, roster slot prices are cheaper, and there's Deadpool Daily.
    Granted there's a lot more characters to get but it's also a lot easier to get them.

As for the 40 pack bashing, I guess it really is some crazy RNG at work because I can say that my 3 40x packs netted me 57 total star.pngstar.pngstar.png & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png pulls and almost all were usable for my current transition. I totally understand the argument the money could have been better spent just buying covers I need but for me half the fun is not knowing what I'll get.

Tl;dr Magneto was right.
    40 packs are bad. You've got confirmation bias going on
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    I think the OP's idea is not a very good one, but I've seen many that are 100x worse on here so there's that. icon_lol.gif

Tl;dr Magneto was right.
    i remember when i started playing you bought each roster slot individually, now they bundle them in groups making bigger hurdles between roster slots. pair that with the low rate of imcoin.png accumulation and the current amount of 3* out there it makes covering a single 3* that much harder.

also the bold comment is why we can not have nice things like guaranteed covers that come in pack pulls.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    When a new character is introduced, give everyone 1 cover.

Yes, give. Everyone. With a roster slot. Yes.
    I haven't read the thread but the OP is right.

This game's reward model has always been really messed up: they punish you for each new character, instead of making the game better.

This is a solution that would at least stop punishing players. I think something like this needs to be done.
  • loroku wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    When a new character is introduced, give everyone 1 cover.

Yes, give. Everyone. With a roster slot. Yes.
    I haven't read the thread but the OP is right.

This game's reward model has always been really messed up: they punish you for each new character, instead of making the game better.

This is a solution that would at least stop punishing players. I think something like this needs to be done.

Having switched to playing a game (MFF) that actually does this right (like most others do was well, frankly), the difference is striking. While I agree that it would be great and should happen, if precedent is any indication, it won't.

DBC
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    PvE rewards should be progression based only. Im not saying make it easy so everyone can get top reward. You still have to work at it but it takes away the luck side of it by the player pool you end up in. That would truly make it PvE. The current system you are still playing against other individuals for placement.

Points still go towards alliances but instead of alliance placement rewards it is alliance progression rewards.

For me it would make it more interesting. To many times i have given up in a PvE with a day or so to go because i wont be getting the top placement rewards. I look at the roster for the top few places to see they already have the rewards fully covered. They are playing for their alliance not for the actual rewards. Most cant compete with that. Not saying we should be able to but it takes any fun or fun out of playing an even. I would be more likely to stick it out if there was a chance i could still get something good at my own pace.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Cartz wrote:
    PvE rewards should be progression based only
    If there is one change that needs to happen, it's this.

oh and stop buying packs you guys. you're ruining the stats.
  • mjh wrote:
    Cartz wrote:
    PvE rewards should be progression based only
    If there is one change that needs to happen, it's this.

oh and stop buying packs you guys. you're ruining the stats.
    they wont stop buying packs...its like asking a MTG player to not buy packs or asking people not to buy lottery tickets