The Mole Man!

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Poor old Mole Man. You'd think a guy as smart as him would figure out how to fix his eyesight.

Nope. He just lives underground, with his minions and a big old stick. He's going to be in the movie in August, so seeing him in this game is a legitimate possibility.

1482_4_0022.jpg

Mole Man (classic) 8650 HPs star.pngstar.pngstar.png

yellowflag.png Master Plan. 7 AP. Active/Passive.
wif36-5.jpg
Mole Man is ever envious of surface-dwellers, and uses his underground minions to bring them down. If a timer tile is not in play, place one. When the timer reaches zero, destroy one random team-up tile. Activate to destroy all these timers.

Rank 2. Decrease time to 3 turns.
Rank 3. Decrease time to 2 turns.
Rank 4. Destroy 2 team-ups per tile destroyed.
Rank 5. Generate a timer tile each turn.

The idea from this ability is that he's causing artificial earthquakes, inducing board shake-up. This hearkens back to environmental tiles / team-up tiles and causes vicious cascading.

greenflag.png Stick Fighting. 9 AP.
fantastic+four+%231.jpg
Mole Man is an extremely efficient fighter; even created his own style of stick-jutsu. He fights best in low light. Deal 1150 damage and generate 2 strike.png tiles of strength 75 (max 125).

Rank 2 - 5 detail the damage as well as increase strike tile strength to 125.

blackflag.png Great underbeast of Blarg. 11 AP.
eDdf6Fh.jpg
Mole Man's hoard of critters split the board, causing a fissure. From it, a heinous monstrosity belches out flames and noxious gases. Deal 2250 damage to the enemy team and place an attack.png tile for every timer tile in play.

Rank 2 - 5 increase the damage and attack.png tile damage.

Mole-Man-Fantastic-Four.jpg

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love to see him in the game, even if he is just a gag character, i have always thought he was the epitome of the stereotypical villain, he even monologue's!!!!!

ok, some serious input, i do like the moveset.

yellowflag.png the ability says "Activate to destroy all these timers" , so am i right to assume he places 1 per turn, even if one is on the board? It should also generate the team up AP, as Mole Man always uses his "friends"! (also, the ability name is in use for PX, so maybe "Under King!"

greenflag.png ability is fine as is, like psylocke's the tile it creates is helpful enough that the low damage makes it worth it.. but seriously greenflag.png ? I would go blueflag.png not many damage dealing blueflag.png at the 3* level, would be nice for some parity and make some nifty combos! OR switch this to his yellowflag.png and make the passive another color, so we can team him with Falcon and buff that tile, since Falcon's yellowflag.png is passive.

blackflag.png is great! For the damage it would do at max covers/levels, i would up the AP cost a touch, in line with Kamala or SW?

and as always, you seem to have a knack for finding the best artwork. That final pic is definitely perfect for one of his animations!!!!
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    yellowflag.png the ability says "Activate to destroy all these timers" , so am i right to assume he places 1 per turn, even if one is on the board? It should also generate the team up AP, as Mole Man always uses his "friends"! (also, the ability name is in use for PX, so maybe "Under King!"
    It has to be "destroy all Mole Man's timers".
    Malcrof wrote:
    greenflag.png ability is fine as is, like psylocke's the tile it creates is helpful enough that the low damage makes it worth it.. but seriously greenflag.png ?
    He has to be green. He's from the earth. Green is grass, ground, and redflag.png isn't really in his mindset. Red is envy, malice, and outright damage. This is more calculative. Maybe it should be blue, but that means his yellow becomes green. And I don't see green being a tiler tile ability, save for Human Torch.
    Malcrof wrote:

blackflag.png is great! For the damage it would do at max covers/levels, i would up the AP cost a touch, in line with Kamala or SW?

and as always, you seem to have a knack for finding the best artwork. That final pic is definitely perfect for one of his animations!!!!
    Yeah, the blackflag.png damage increase is a good idea. Maybe it also becomes a "increase damage whenever timer tiles are in play", as though the beast generates the additional cascades from the yellowflag.png planning.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    [/quote]

Think you missed what i was asking. It stats it destroys all of Mole Mans timers, but he only puts out one at a time, so ALL would only ever be 1, i think to make it work, he would need to add a cd tile ever turn?
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Think you missed what i was asking. It stats it destroys all of Mole Mans timers, but he only puts out one at a time, so ALL would only ever be 1, i think to make it work, he would need to add a cd tile ever turn?[/quote]

That is what I envisioned.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    OH OH OH. What if Moleman had a passive "destroy two team-ups per turn? Or maybe something akin to Devil Dino's "dance" that helps him keep the board rumbling? It at a cheap cost could really help keep Kamala healing the team. And We're all for that.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    keep this link around.. mole-man apparently has a nice arc coming.. it is starting in secret-wars.. and looks to be a new direction for him.

your moveset may be even better than you think! And hopefully more important!

zombie-sabertooth-zombie-mole-man-zombie-mysterio-zombie-silt-man-zombie-vulture-zombie-bullseye-zombie-boomerang-etc.jpg

Oddly though, he is being listed as a Hero, not a villain!