Devs, please extend 3*s in next PvE

yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So... newest PvE:

Positions 1-100 = 4* (100 places)
Positions 100-150 = 3* (50 places)
Positions 150-400 = 2* (250 places)

I totally get there is an expansion of 4*'s into the game and this is a good development, but if you are building your 3* roster or short of roster spots and don't have room for another new character, only 50 places out of 400 cover positions for a 3* is pretty scummy. Especially, if you are trying to actually get the 3* cover and not the 4* one, this is really tricky to coordinate to not play too much or too little. Also, pretty sure there is not a lack of 2*s in circulation...

The other point to make is for non-vet players is getting a 4* cover or two is kinda useless, unless there is some realistic chance you are going to be able to grow it in the forseeable future (and it takes up a roster slot that could be otherwise used more regularly). The expansion of 4*s is good for vets and I know it's exciting in the office, but this cover distribution to lower levels is not good.

Devs, could you please add another 50 spots for the 3* cover? Say:

Positions 100-200 = 3* + HP (100 places)
Positions 200+ = 2* etc.

or

Positions 100-150 = 3* + HP (50 places)
Positions 150-200 = 3* (50 places)
Position 200+ = 2* etc.

or

I don't know, whatever variant you like, just another 50 slot for the 3* (hey!, even two 3*s for 100-150 and 1 for 150-200, when you are introducing a new 4*).

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Not every change has to be aimed with you in mind. Making 4* easier will benefit you in the long run. I bet future you would kick present you in the nards for this post.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:
    Not every change has to be aimed with you in mind. Making 4* easier will benefit you in the long run. I bet future you would kick present you in the nards for this post.

Oh, I don't know about that. Wait until the 3* reward is Iron Fist and he's sandwiched between Elektra on top and Moonstone on bottom. icon_cool.gif
  • ThePLAV
    ThePLAV Posts: 28
    Wasn't it said in the video that the wider, T100 4* rewards are only for new characters?

It's only been 12 hours since I watched it and I can barely remember
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    thisone wrote:

Oh, I don't know about that. Wait until the 3* reward is Iron Fist and he's sandwiched between Elektra on top and Moonstone on bottom. icon_cool.gif

Sounds like a sandwich I'd like to be in the middle of. Still prefer the change to 4* availability though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:

The other point to make is for non-vet players is getting a 4* cover or two is kinda useless, unless there is some realistic chance you are going to be able to grow it in the forseeable future (and it takes up a roster slot that could be otherwise used more regularly). The expansion of 4*s is good for vets and I know it's exciting in the office, but this cover distribution to lower levels is not good.

I totally agree with your post, especially the roster slot. Now I remember the devs saying they were going to give us new ways to earn roster slots (outside of the 1000HP limit). I thought the vault was supposed to include roster slots but they made no indication of this yesterday during the video.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone wrote:

This. I skip most PVEs that reward old 3*s that I already have covered. It's a lot of work for a reward I'm not interested in. Similarly, you could choose not to play the 4* release events.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    The other point to make is for non-vet players is getting a 4* cover or two is kinda useless...
    really appreciate a lot of the stuff you've worked on in the forums (team thread, etc.), but I kinda disagree. not sure if I'd be considered a vet or not - started playing last thanksgiving and found the forum around new years. I know I post a lot, but i'm still learning stuff all the time - if I'm a vet, I don't know it all (just discovered the beauty of falcon/blade on goon nodes and falcon/cage on ultron sentries/prime). I still play pve to t50 and having every **** for essentials is, well, essential to me not having to grind so hard to get there. so they are very useful there, especially for release events such as this where all the points you can muster will matter. second, with them leaving the pvp scoring system in place, 1000 is in reach for a much larger chunk of the player base, meaning development, albeit slow, is available.
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    TxMoose wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    The other point to make is for non-vet players is getting a 4* cover or two is kinda useless...
    really appreciate a lot of the stuff you've worked on in the forums (team thread, etc.), but I kinda disagree. not sure if I'd be considered a vet or not - started playing last thanksgiving and found the forum around new years. I know I post a lot, but i'm still learning stuff all the time - if I'm a vet, I don't know it all (just discovered the beauty of falcon/blade on goon nodes and falcon/cage on ultron sentries/prime). I still play pve to t50 and having every **** for essentials is, well, essential to me not having to grind so hard to get there. so they are very useful there, especially for release events such as this where all the points you can muster will matter. second, with them leaving the pvp scoring system in place, 1000 is in reach for a much larger chunk of the player base, meaning development, albeit slow, is available.

I don't think the OP is asking to change the placement for 4* rewards, just extending the placement of 3* from 101-150 to above 150 (e.g. 200 place), still keeping T100 for 4* rewards. I can understand that. I wasn't interested in the Carnage prize, so **** myself to get 51-150 placement and win the 3* reward. Unfortunately, I'm one of those who are still building my 3* roster and I can't get to 800 progression in PVP - and placement is a matter of luck of getting a fresh bracket in the last hour for me. To get to 800 and beyond, I need a developed 3* roster and to do that, my resources are DPQ and PVE. I don't think there's any harm in extending the placements for 3* as long as they keep the T100 to new 4*. Cheers.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to read the opinions above and thanks for those who wrote.

Just to make one clarifcation for those who seem to be confused. I am in no way calling for less 4* rewards, the more the merrier. Would I love a couple of Thing covers? Sure.

I get it's a new event for a new 4* and I get I don't have to play, etc etc. - just calling for a more even distribution of the cover types for all players. Take off a small chunk of 2* and make them 3* - I am guessing this would make no difference or be of benefit to everyone in this thread.

Also my other comment about only having 1 or 2 4* covers, was maybe not fully fleshed out. I just meant it more simply in terms of a non-vet player having these covers sitting in their roster, taking up a spot, when they would be far more useful having a character they canmore easily gain more covers to. But every character has to start somewhere!

Have a lovely day all!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    So... newest PvE:

Positions 1-100 = 4* (100 places)
    Positions 100-150 = 3* (50 places)
    Positions 150-400 = 2* (250 places)

I totally get there is an expansion of 4*'s into the game and this is a good development, but if you are building your 3* roster or short of roster spots and don't have room for another new character, only 50 places out of 400 cover positions for a 3* is pretty scummy. Especially, if you are trying to actually get the 3* cover and not the 4* one, this is really tricky to coordinate to not play too much or too little. Also, pretty sure there is not a lack of 2*s in circulation...

Devs, could you please add another 50 spots for the 3* cover? Say:

Positions 100-200 = 3* + HP (100 places)
    Positions 200+ = 2* etc.

or

Positions 100-150 = 3* + HP (50 places)
    Positions 150-200 = 3* (50 places)
    Position 200+ = 2* etc.

or

I don't know, whatever variant you like, just another 50 slot for the 3* (hey!, even two 3*s for 100-150 and 1 for 150-200, when you are introducing a new 4*).

4 star should of went like this

1 to 100 4 star
    101 to 200 3 star
    201 to 300 2 star

but then you would have to redo the entire 3 star rewards what they will never do. you should be happy they did anything and move on