***Venom(Classic)***

Options
greenflag.png
We Are Venom:PASSIVE: Eddie absorbs his foe's petty weapons and defenses with his significant "other". As long as there are at least 12 Black tiles, Venom converts one random unfriendly Protect tile into a regular tile per turn and receives a burst of 110 Health.

Lv. 2: Venom can absorb enemy Strike tiles, giving a burst of 132 Health.

Lv. 3: Venom can absorb enemy Attack tiles, giving a burst of 154 Health.

Lv. 4: Venom only requires 11 Black tiles, and gives a burst of 198 Health.

Lv. 5: Venom only requires 10 Black tiles, and gives a burst of 286 Health.

purpleflag.png
Symbiote Webbing:7 AP: Venom uses his suit to spew large amounts of webbing. Stuns target and a random foe for 1 turn and creates a Black Web tile.
Lv.2: Creates 2 Black Web tiles.
Lv.3: Stuns target an additional turn.
Lv.4: Creates 3 Black Web tiles.
Lv.5: Stuns target for 2 turns and the other two foes for 1 turn.

blackflag.png
Lethal Protector:12 AP: Eddie unleashes a vicious assault on his enemies with his tendrils and teeth. Venom inflicts 548 damage to his target. If at least 5 Web Tiles exist, he consumes them and inflicts 181 to the rest of the enemy team.
Lv.2: Deals 768 to target, 253 to enemy team if Web Tiles are consumed.
Lv.3: Deals 986 to target, 325 to enemy team. Only requires 4 Web Tiles.
Lv.4: Deals 1,206 to target, 398 to enemy team.
Lv.5: Deals 1,428 to target, 471 to enemy team. Only requires 3 Web Tiles.

The steady Health bursts and dismantling his foes fits, and his bulk will benefit as a tank, if needed. This ability could complement many allies, especially Carnage.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see you upped the damage on the blackflag.png , max damage at max level/covers would be decent now, as he is a tank and not a DD

The purpleflag.png

Very nice ability, the only issue is greenflag.png may be the most matched color in the game, and with it as his first power, the AI on defense is going to match it every time. Add some randomness to the color on the web tiles, OR this :

greenflag.png - when a tile is absorbed, a web tile takes its place.

purpleflag.png adds an X turn countdown.png to the board, when tile reaches 0, stuns and adds a random web tile. scale stun and web tiles as you have them now by covers, but make it a passive!

Solid character!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I see you upped the damage on the blackflag.png , max damage at max level/covers would be decent now, as he is a tank and not a DD

The purpleflag.png

Very nice ability, the only issue is greenflag.png may be the most matched color in the game, and with it as his first power, the AI on defense is going to match it every time. Add some randomness to the color on the web tiles, OR this :

purpleflag.png adds an X turn countdown.png to the board, when tile reaches 0, stuns and adds a random web tile. scale stun and web tiles as you have them now by covers, but make it a passive!

Solid character!

Good point! I decided to simply change the web tiles to Black. It makes more sense and more properly feeds his Lethal Protector and his Passive. Might be too strong, I'm not sure.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Malus2000 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

The purpleflag.png

Solid character!

Good point! I decided to simply change the web tiles to Black. It makes more sense and more properly feeds his Lethal Protector and his Passive. Might be too strong, I'm not sure.

Black is what you want to match! So that means you will be actively matching your own web tiles. All colors are useful, the reasoning behind random is this : a single match 3 cannot remove 3 web tiles. If the colors are random, they are harder to get rid of before he has time to cast his blackflag.png

Just a thought.
  • Unknown
    Options
    True, but Spider-Man's web tiles are Yellow and he uses that for his Web Bandages. I feel like it's the same concept, and Venom makes more of his.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Malus2000 wrote:
    True, but Spider-Man's web tiles are Yellow and he uses that for his Web Bandages. I feel like it's the same concept, and Venom makes more of his.

agreed, but sort of a bad example.. not sure anyone uses that ability much.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malus2000 wrote:

agreed, but sort of a bad example.. not sure anyone uses that ability much.

Mac and Spider-Man both have the "create X color" tile aspect, and I think making the web tiles random would be good, but maybe too good. Since the Web tiles are created instead of simply covering existing black tiles, I think it will still be effective for creating match and feeding Lethal Protector and We Are Venom.