Persistent TUs

MarvelMan
MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I cant recall the rational so Im hoping someone can help me find it. Why did TUs switch from disappearing if you downed an enemy team member to sticking around til the last one dies?

Just had a match where they cast Demolition but I had the AP to take out two opponents, so I did, and knocked the third down to ~half before making a match....boom: Demolition knocks out a char plus.

Why cant we go back to being able to do something about enemy TUs short of wipe the opp team?

Comments

• The rationale was the story. It was provoking player complaints when they would use a TU, and then one of their players was downed and the effect went away. They said, it doesn't make sense if say Prof X calls in Magneto to do an Iron Hammer, and then if Prof X is downed Magneto just says "F it" and floats away. Or if Punisher throws a Molotov, and because Wolverine is downed, he puts out the fire and walks away.
  • MarvelMan
    Thanks!

So kind of one extreme to the other? I get the story aspect, but hate when I have limited control over something. I guess it just comes down to me making it go away.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Thanks!

So kind of one extreme to the other? I get the story aspect, but hate when I have limited control over something. I guess it just comes down to me making it go away.

The way I look at it, if it wasn't a CD tile, I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it anyway. Like if it was Call the Storm... that doesn't activate at 0.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it gets very annoying when the enemy has a ton of greentile.png AP they cannot use then all of a sudden Human Torch Flame Jet comes out and of course is placed in the corner!

Then the wonderful AOE T/U's such as Sentry, Thor, Black Panther.. they always seem to come out just as I am about to win the match icon_e_surprised.gif
  • MarvelMan
    I think Id prefer to have it linked to a specific char, like the example where Prof X calls in Magneto or Wolv gets Frank. If you then down THAT char it negates a cool down or trap.