Brackets, scores and rankings...

Xenoberyll
Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The scores between me and my alliance mates often vary a big deal and so do the rewards, the lower score often netting the better rank/rewards. For example i got 50k in the Carnage pve, good enough for top 10 - others have 25k and are firmly leading their brackets. I have 12.5 k in pvp season score and no top 50 rank again while others have 8k and make top 10.

I wonder how people feel about brackets and their influence on rank and rewards. Many like to play the brackets for easier covers others might feel it's unfair. Is there a better way to do this?

Comments

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    The scores between me and my alliance mates often vary a big deal and so do the rewards, the lower score often netting the better rank/rewards. For example i got 50k in the Carnage pve, good enough for top 10 - others have 25k and are firmly leading their brackets. I have 12.5 k in pvp season score and no top 50 rank again while others have 8k and make top 10.

I wonder how people feel about brackets and their influence on rank and rewards. Many like to play the brackets for easier covers others might feel it's unfair. Is there a better way to do this?

If you search through the forums they talk about a noob bracket and a veterans bracket in the story PVE. This is an example of a segregation of players in an attempt to give out more prizes to the "noobs" at the cost of veterans. icon_evil.gif
    You my friend are a veteran. icon_mrgreen.gif
    You are competing against veterans because of the segregation of players by MPQ. It is a system that basically punishes you for success. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Most veterans feel rather upset, that two star transitional teams will get a higher season or PVP/PVE score because they are competing against players that they can not touch.
    Those players they can not touch also include most of the Demiurge staff (except for Ice-X) icon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:

The only solution to such is full progression rewarding and eliminating the competition aspect. Which 90% of the forum wants anyway, so yeah.

Season standings is a little trickier because there should be some competition in the PvP world. It is annoying to get 12k and no top 50, but scores were massively inflated this season, top 100 alliance score this season would've been close to top 50 last season. It's the highest scoring season since they went to 10 events.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Season standings is a little trickier because there should be some competition in the PvP world. It is annoying to get 12k and no top 50, but scores were massively inflated this season, top 100 alliance score this season would've been close to top 50 last season. It's the highest scoring season since they went to 10 events.

I agree about PVP competition and also about higher scoring on average. It's just that, when i make top 5-25 in almost every PVP Event it sucks to be so far behind on the season ranking.