#96 in Starfall with <1m left

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
finish: 101

NO MY KAMALA COVER **** YOU tinykitty WHO SNIPED ME AT THE LAST SECOND

edit: I'm amused that if I edit the post the swear that DID trip the filter is there in all its glory waiting to be filtered again.

Comments

• DFiPL
    sigh. I was pretty sure when I shielded at like 34 because I had to leave the apartment, that that would be good enough for top 100 to get the Kamala Khan cover.

I'm pretty sure now that's the last time I buy a shield more expensive than the 3h. Wow. **** that ****.
  • Word-censors in 3, 2, 1...
  • DFiPL
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Word-censors in 3, 2, 1...

I actually hadn't even noticed that slipped through.
  • Wait, so did you stay shielded through the end of the event, or did you break shield at the last moments, played a match and end up with a loss of points?
  • DFiPL
    Wait, so did you stay shielded through the end of the event, or did you break shield at the last moments, played a match and end up with a loss of points?

The former. I got home with about 10 minutes to the end of the event and I was 90th. Close enough to falling out that I knew if I broke shield and got hit, there was no way I was climbing back in. So I kept watching, kept watching, and I was 96th with under a minute to go. It showed 96th right up until event ended at which point it showed me at 101st and I began swearing violently.

I might as well not have even bought the shield. I had to leave the apartment with 5h to go, so instead of my plan of hanging out until 3h and then shielding, I had to buy the more expensive shield to try and preserve my top 100 spot.

Never again.
  • How were you sniped at the last second if you stayed shielded until the end?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    He wasn't sniped per say, other people overtook him.

Perhaps Swiped would be better icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    How were you sniped at the last second if you stayed shielded until the end?

I'm using it in the sense of the old ebay term, I guess.

Where someone comes in at the last second and BOOM ha ha ha stole it
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    finish: 101

NO MY KAMALA COVER tinykitty YOU tinykitty WHO SNIPED ME AT THE LAST SECOND

edit: I'm amused that if I edit the post the swear that DID trip the filter is there in all its glory waiting to be filtered again.

LOL, noobs mistake.
    Atleast you have learned that you should NEVER unshield and doing last minutes hop.
    But you have learned that by the hard way.