Unstoppable Juggernaut!

Options
slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
star.pngstar.pngstar.png Unstoppable Juggernaut!
c729e7e3be85b5190a32552a15396978.jpg
Abilities:

blackflag.png Unstoppable!(Passive) : Nobody could stop the juggernaut! At the beginning of his turn, if one does not exist, Juggernaut creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that creates a strength 60 black strike tile. As long as this countdown tile is on the board Juggernaut cannot be stunned.
Level 2: Creates a 75 strength black strike tile.
Level 3: 3-Turn countdown creates a strength 85 black strike tile.
Level 4: Creates a strength 110 black strike tile.
Level 5: Creates a strength 135 black strike tile.

redflag.png 10 AP Charging Headbutt: Create a 3 turn countdown that deals 500 damage to the opponent but 250 damage to himself. If the countdown tile is taken out, deplete 1 AP from the enemy's strongest color and deals 250 damage to the opponent but does not receive damage.
Level 2: Deals 550 damage to opponent, 300 to self. If countdown tile is taken out deals 300 damage to the opponent.
Level 3: Deals 650 damage to opponent, 400 to self. If countdown tile is taken out deals 400 damage to the opponent and destroys 3 random basic tiles.
Level 4: Deals 700 damage to opponent, 450 to self. If countdown tile is taken out, deplete 2 AP, deals 450 damage to the opponent and destroys 4 random basic tiles.
Level 5: Deals 750 damage to opponent, 500 to self. If countdown tile is taken out, depletes 3 AP, deals 500 damage to the opponent and destroys 5 random basic tiles.

greenflag.png 9 AP Unstoppable Crush!: Juggernaut crushes into the entire enemy team in an unstoppable motion! Deals 125 damage to all enemies and destroys 8 random tiles. Does not gain AP
Level 2: Destroys 10 random tiles.
Level 3: Deals 450 damage to all enemies. Deals an additional 91 damage for each special tile destroyed.
Level 4: Destroys 16 random tiles. Deals an additional 125 damage for each special tile destroyed.
Level 5: Deals 550 to all enemies. Does not destroy allied special tiles.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    i found your juggernaut pretty cool. The ideia of the cannot be stunned sounds great,it can be very useful.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very nice moveset! Do the tiles destroyed on his greenflag.png add damage to the aoe?
  • slantedandenchanted
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Very nice moveset! Do the tiles destroyed on his greenflag.png add damage to the aoe?

I imagined it being like 1 star.png Juggernaut's greenflag.png ability. I don't think it says that it deals damage for each tile destroyed even though it kinda does(just like Hulk and Rocket/Groot's greenflag.png does the same)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

I imagined it being like 1 star.png Juggernaut's greenflag.png ability. I don't think it says that it deals damage for each tile destroyed even though it kinda does(just like Hulk and Rocket/Groot's greenflag.png does the same)

Maybe since he is a 3*, then add in at 4 covers "deals an additional X damage for enemy special tiles destroyed)

This could make build diversity interesting.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the charging headbutt, but it is worse than star.png Jugg's head but, in both cost and damage. The idea is, he takes the wind out of his target rather than hitting them outright...

So what if you deplete the enemy ap in whatever random 2x2 square you destroy, while dealing scaled up star.pngredflag.png head but damage? If that is the case, then 10 redtile.png AP is absolutely legitimate.
  • slantedandenchanted
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Maybe since he is a 3*, then add in at 4 covers "deals an additional X damage for enemy special tiles destroyed)

This could make build diversity interesting.

That's a good idea actually! I followed up on your suggestion except I made it so that it's any special tiles(until you get 5 covers then you'll never have to worry about destroying your own special tiles!).
    ronin-san wrote:
    I like the charging headbutt, but it is worse than star.png Jugg's head but, in both cost and damage. The idea is, he takes the wind out of his target rather than hitting them outright...

So what if you deplete the enemy ap in whatever random 2x2 square you destroy, while dealing scaled up star.pngredflag.png head but damage? If that is the case, then 10 redtile.png AP is absolutely legitimate.

Well, I put down low damage for his redflag.png but that's because that's how all characters are. When they're leveled up the damage scaling goes up(See Gamora for example.). So 750 damage could go all the way up to 6k damage, or 7k damage. Nonetheless, I did add the depleting the AP thing since I did feel like destroying the countdown tile wasn't really that worth it. I also made it so that he has synergy with other villains like The Hood or even Daken.

Also, just imagine that you're fighting this 3 star.png Juggernaut and you're both at very low health, there's only about 1-2 turns left and his redflag.png countdown tile is about to go off. There's probably not gonna be a way for you to win. The same goes vice versa. You could potentially just use the redflag.png to make a quick takedown. Plus, I thought that it would be cool if his redflag.png and greenflag.png were combined icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    These were great ideas, man. I look forward to more of these from you.
  • slantedandenchanted
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    These were great ideas, man. I look forward to more of these from you.

Aw thanks! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great spec. I think you could streamline the powers a bit (not sure extra damage for special tiles on green is needed), but it's solid.

I especially like black. Tying stun immunity to a CD is very clever, and passive strike generation is solid too. If it works like Falcon or Scarlet Witch (as I imagine it should), you'd be able to stun him the turn his CD resolves, giving players a window to stun him even if they can't destroy the CD. Nice.

It makes me think I'd like to see a passive power like it, but more strictly defensive; e.g. reducing damage by a lot (like Vision's Yellow) when the tile is out, and creating a window for the player to strike every few turns (before it reactivates).