Amateur Question: What does my team look like in PvP

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Apologies if this has been asked/answered a 1000 times before, but I can't figure out how I sometimes get beat by clods with laughable rosters. For example some guy who just used a level 94 ares and a 69 juggernaut was able to defeat me. So is my roster as it appears either:

A) The first team I used in the event
B) My 2 highest levels (127 Loki and 104 Hulk)
C) Or just any random pairing

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe the team others see when they queue you up is the team you most recently used, but I've never been able to figure out if it's the team you most recently used across the entire game or specifically in PVP.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    If I find you in my queue, it's the last team you use. If you beat me with a "A" team I got to beat that "A"
    icon_e_biggrin.gif hope I could help any thing.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Okay the team I most recently used then, I'll have to be more careful with who I use, thanks for the help guys!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I thought it was the last team. You WON with. In retaliation it's the team you beat the person with.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    20three wrote:
    Okay the team I most recently used then, I'll have to be more careful with who I use, thanks for the help guys!

I can clarify: the team you most recently used and won with in current PvP, not in another PvP or entire game.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    ragnarady wrote:
    20three wrote:

I can clarify: the team you most recently used and won with in current PvP, not in another PvP or entire game.

Well, hell, that's new information to me. Have an upvote.
  • ragnarady is correct. The team people see when they Q you is the last team you won a match with, in that specific PvP event.

The only exception to that, I believe, is that if you, for example, beat my team while climbing using the featured character (Sentry) and Cage/IF, then switched to use the featured character with Groot/Blade and one a match with them before shielding -- my retal would be against Cage/IF (not Groot/Blade, which would have been the team you last won with).

If that is not right, someone please correct me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    ragnarady is correct. The team people see when they Q you is the last team you won a match with, in that specific PvP event.

The only exception to that, I believe, is that if you, for example, beat my team while climbing using the featured character (Sentry) and Cage/IF, then switched to use the featured character with Groot/Blade and one a match with them before shielding -- my retal would be against Cage/IF (not Groot/Blade, which would have been the team you last won with).

If that is not right, someone please correct me.

Mostly correct.

Because the MPQ Hamsters are in a Union, they take mandatory breaks. So the last team you won with is who is seen in the queue, BUT someone can have a stale queue. In your example, someone could find your Cage/IF team, and sit on it for a day. Even though you switched teams after that, their stale queue still sees your Cage/IF team.

If you beat someone, that's the team they see in the retaliation node.

One last caveat. Say you have a level 127 Loki and 104 Hulk like the OP. You win a match, take some saved Iso, and push them to 140 Loki and 120 Hulk after that. Until you win with your newly leveled characters, your queue team is still 127/104.