A poll about the 4* progression cover at 1000 points

With the season coming to an end, I wanted to see how the change in scoring had affected the forum-goer's ability to score 1000 points in pvp and earn the 4* cover.

Feel free to comment below on anything else regarding this. It would also be interesting to see how much HP you spent on average to get there.

Personally, I only missed one of them. It was a cover I had already maxed, and I would have needed to shield hop, so I didn't bother. I got one of them without shielding, but used 1 or 2 shields for the others.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finished every PVP above 1k this season.
    I always have been able to get to 1K at will, but in some slices thus season it has been comically easy.
    Other times, like S2 of Staff all,it felt as hard as before the scoring changes.

I hit 1k unshielded in all but 1 PVP this season, highest being 1268 before first shield in that one PVP where everyone was going for 2k lol.

definitely was the most enjoyable season in a very long time - except Starfall, that was a bloodbath from hell.
  • Lol starfall xD

This season was great. Just downright awesome, making it really possible for most people to pick up a few 4* rewards. I really hope they keep both of the great new ideas (new scoring + buffed rotation) that they added, because it's made the game more fun than I ever remember it being. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    hink it was three I got, a Thor, an Electra and Prof X just now, and come pretty close on a couple more occasions, but it's been dependent on having a good boosted high level character and the featured character with some decent covers. It's the first time I've been able to reach 1000 though, so I'm learning the ropes for shield hopping (came tantalisingly close a couple more times, but got nuked back down when stretching up).
    Maxed LThor + maxed Groot & Rocket + 124 cover maxed Sentry made today's 1000 pointer much less stressful for example, with one hop.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I missed at least one for IW who I had maxed out. The only reason I missed it was because I did not want to spend the extra 75 HP on a shield hop to get a character I already had max covered. The way I wanted. If I had hopped I would have gotten 1000 ISO for 75 HP. I did not think that was a good trade so I ended the event just under 1000 points. If I was fighting for top 5 I would have hopped, but I was sitti in the teens, and did not need the 3* either.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got a blue Thoress cover, got a Hulkbuster too. I think I got a third, but I can't remember.

1000 progression for me now feels like something I can get if I work hard for it, rather than something I'd be able to get if I had two level 270 4* characters, a ton of HP and the ability to shield hop. I like it how it is now.

It's not totally easy so that everyone can earn it meaning it's not even a prize any more...but it's not completely unreachable so I can only hope to get it if I spend all 6000 HP in shield hopping. Good system!
    I just hope I can do this one, Professor X is the only character I don't have.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is really better now, I was exceptic when they changed the scoring system, but it is really better. In the past I reached 1000 reward a couple of times or maybe a little bit more, but it was really hard. Now It needs some work but I can reach it consistently.

The 10 health packs has helped A LOT too, because I can play just in the afternoon - night, so having the possibility of concentrating my play time has been great for reaching 1000.

So, thumbs up for new scoring system, and threee thumbs up for 10 health packs!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only missed one due to real life and am still running for Starfall, although I fully intend to get there. Prior to this season, hitting 1k was a crapshoot for me. Now it's almost easy, and I like this very much. I now feel like I have a reasonable means of progressing towards a 4* roster. Now if only there were more truly desirable 4* guys beyond Prof X and Hulkbuster...
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I got all 4-stars except green x-force who I didn't need. Almost every time I could get to 1000p without shielding. I usually started my final push from 700 points and almost noone attacked me ever when I progressed. I feel I could have pushed way past 1k with a single push but I usually pussied out fearing attacks (which never came). I have a pretty good roster with maxed x-force, fury and lots of maxed 3-stars. Soon probably I will have a maxed hulkbuster making things even easier for me.
  • Voted none and couldn't get to the 3*s.

I appear to be the only person getting hit at 100+ points which makes it difficult to gain any traction. Winning for 20+, losing for 50+... not a winning combination.

Then again, it's probably either all in my imagination, or I'm doing something horribly wrong, so there's that.

DBC
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Till this season I've never reached the 1k but on this one I manage to get there a few times with one or two shields. But still hard to get from 800~1k I got only a handful of 166's. Overall pretty much fun and rewarding!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay I take it all back, I got to 999 points, had a fight that took way too long due to a bad board and lost 86 points, fought again and lost another 47 points despite winning 30, lost the next fight, did a fight worth 40 points but only got 20. Did another fight worth 36 and only got 16. Did another fight worth 36, got that but lost 47...so yeah, still haven't got a Professor X cover. PvP sucks. *throws toys out the pram
  • I voted for 4-6 but I probably COULD have gotten all of them. Just when it's a Jane or a XF or an IW I don't bother, stopping at 725-800 ish usually.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    I only missed the Hulkbuster cover that was offered during the Blade pvp. I tried, but that was a bloodbath of an event.

I'm not sure if it was the scoring changes that made it easier to get to 1,000 because, quite frankly, I wasn't motivated to hit 1,000 until the reward structure change. But I certainly hope they keep both in place, as well as the weekly buffed rotation.
  • Alzulra
    Alzulra Posts: 18
    I'm very satisfied with the changes. I still haven't hit 1k yet, but I had just fully transitioned to 3*s and was starting to hit 600+ on a regular basis when they made the changes a few months ago that brought scores back down. I was pretty disheartened because I had been working for months to have a better roster, and I finally got it... and then my scores were as low or lower than when I was playing with a 2* team! This season I've been hitting 800+ when I push for it. I think if I really tried and played optimally, I could get up to 1000 at least once or twice.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's better now, but the reason why is more due to the 4*s being marginalized with the 3* boosts, than the point changes (though that did help a lot)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went 8 for 10, missed the first for life reasons, missed Spidey because F boosted Spidey. I hit 6 out of 10 before the MMR changes, but this season I only had to hop once total to get to 1k. Previous seasons I'd need 2-3 hops per event.

So hooray change.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't hit 1000. At 700+, I usually lose as many points as I gain whenever I attack.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    made it 3 times. almost made it a 4th but could not get a match in without being hit during the match. soooo much activity on this last pvp, but not enough high scorers for pts to be there. still happy with making it 3 times. my previous high score was ~730, so pretty excited I can make 1000 most of the time that I want to.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    came insanely close once, 985, finished the next match expecting elation, just to be hit with a nice loss of 102 points... never got close again.