Make it permanent

Oldboy
Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Shut off community scaling please.

I dont see why my levels on the harder nodes have to go up by 60 just because people elsewhere decided to grind down the nodes early. Worse still when goons match damage and 1* characters are overlevelled.

Comments

• What this guy said.

If someone could explain what is the point of our nodes going up because of other players completing it, i would appreciate it, because i really don't get it, specially after it was turned off last event.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    It's a by product of PvE being competitive. They need a way of causing scores to spread out on the leaderboard. Supposedly it distinguishes players by skill and roster depth (but clearly also by health pack purchases too). It's a surrogate for the difficulty scaling up as the event progresses. I'm not a fan of competitive PvE, but it is what it is. I agree though, they should leave community scaling off.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Lanko8 wrote:
    What this guy said.

If someone could explain what is the point of our nodes going up because of other players completing it, i would appreciate it, because i really don't get it, specially after it was turned off last event.

What this guy said about what the other guy said.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    They need a way of causing scores to spread out on the leaderboard.
    I'm not seeing more spread in this event. At the halfway point in my bracket, 300 points separated 1st and 6th
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Community scaling harms those of us who are trying to build a roster. It only helps the veteran players. Maybe the brackets should take into account how many days you have played and keep newer players together.

Really not enjoying this round of story because of community scaling.
  • The thing they need to do is disable scaling, and increase reward tiers as necessary to reduce required grind.

I don't enjoy super-scaling at all, and if they don't permanently disable it, I'll probably quit after this event (except MAYBE DPD), and will permanently stop spending any more money on the game.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Community scaling harms those of us who are trying to build a roster. It only helps the veteran players. Maybe the brackets should take into account how many days you have played and keep newer players together.
    There already are noob brackets; and I don't feel particularly helped by having to face lv395 opponents
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Community scaling only makes sense if all levels are equal across all players, otherwise the ability of someone who has ** roster to increase the difficulty of someone with a **** roster is kind of ridiculous when you have personal scaling involved.

I have yet to suffer a 395 enemy, but the occasional level 375s i've had to deal with have been high enough for me, thank you.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    It's all part of the complicated framework used to dress up what are essentially PVP events into PVE shells. That's where the fundamental issue lies.

Imagine you were competing in the National Spelling Bee and the judges assigned each contestant easier or harder words depending on their past spelling success.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    dont see how they are going to get any data from the monday PVE most will be playing ultron
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    I'm a 2-3 transitioner, top character is a lvl 114 Captain America and the other 3*s are at lvl 94. Top character in the event is Cap.Marvel and OBW at 150.

I'm facing a lvl 336/336/336 Deadly Node. ****?

EDIT: 30 minutes from event ending, it's now 381/381/381. Ok, managed to beat it twice but damn, it was really long and i wiped once because of awful starting board.
  • rest in pieces community scaling
  • they should be doing more testing without scaling right?