That moment when you grind a sub event down.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
And then you realise it's not ending until tomorrow night.

Welp! Guess I've just screwed myself. Ground a bunch of nodes down so they'll take over a day to refresh. I'm dumb.

Comments

• Skorche
    Skorche Posts: 47
    You're not the only one...grinded a bunch of nodes went to swim my laps expected to come back to my placement rewards and was like WHA?! Oh well.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I'm laughing with you cuz I just did the same thing myself.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Me too! I thought they were only doing 24 hour subs now!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    After I made my first clear last night I was like "noooo do not want to do this every day." Then I saw 1d 23h left and went to post "yaaaaay 48hr sub!" everywhere. Wish there were more events with 2 day subs... it's like having a night off from grinding, and you get more hp for top positions.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one who didn't check first...
    icon_redface.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    And now I have a 3x329 node staring me in the face. You guys can't see me, but I'm giving you all the finger.

(Not really.

But I'm thinking about it.)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    DFiPL wrote:
    And now I have a 3x329 node staring me in the face. You guys can't see me, but I'm giving you all the finger.

(Not really.

But I'm thinking about it.)

Yeah, I've actually got my first 3x 365 node. I'm just not going to do it. Not worth the aggro.
    Hopefully, like several tests before, D3 will see the community scaling switch off did not utterly break the game and, in fact, we really, really liked it like that. Challenging without being stupid.
  • Yeah the break from grinding is nice, except with community scaling on that means some nodes will be crazy high by the end, and they don't double the progression rewards so you're playing much harder games for half the rewards. And it sure gets boring playing the same **** again and again even with daily events, let alone two day events.

Those two dayers are big middle fingers in my face.
  • So that's what it means! Things got extremely hard for me out of nowhere. Can't be a node now after I grinder all of them now. This sucks.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did it too. cost me the hp for t50 in the sub because I'm shooting for patch I made dang sure I finished t50 in sub1 and what I thought was sub2, then was going to take sub3 off and play today only what I needed. now I had to take yesterday off, out of t50 there, and I can't hit t50 today or that would put me back into t50 for event. that's what I get for not paying attn.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Yeah, ended top 65. Completely screwed myself over =/
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I ended uo top 5 but I did join about a day and a half late with only 190 or so in the bracket which I don't think filled up. I'm this case I think the premature grinding might have helped.