A tale of two events

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
before CS: /play event, clear nodes every 8 hours until community scaling **** me over

Prodigal Sun: "Hey, this is kind of nice. I can actually play an entire clear, go to bed, and come back to find nodes still playable!"

Unstable ISO-8: "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for **** to give, I can promise you I don't have any. What I DO have is an untapped pool of simmering rage; rage that makes me a nightmare for people like you. If you turn community scaling back off, that will be the end of it. I won't look for you. If you don't, I will look for you. I will find you. And I will kill you."

It's actually MORE aggravating than it was before we got a taste of how **** up it DOESN'T HAVE TO BE

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Yah, pretty sure when they check the forums, they will see that turning off community scaling was AMAZING and turning it back on made us hate our ancestry.

So they will leave it back on.

At least until they go over all the data etc... and find out the one thing data cannot tell them.

We are happier when it is off.

Oscorp Heroic will have scaling off.
  • DFiPL
    then Oscorp Heroic is the next event I'll play. It's unfortunate, because I wanted the icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png placement reward, and I could have used (stop laughing) the icon_beast.png progression.

but neither are enticing enough to deal with this happy horseshit
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    then Oscorp Heroic is the next event I'll play. It's unfortunate, because I wanted the icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png placement reward, and I could have used (stop laughing) the icon_beast.png progression.

but neither are enticing enough to deal with this happy tinykitty

You can reach progression easy enough, i am over 1/2 way there by barely trying and on the first sub.
  • DFiPL
    Malcrof wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

You can reach progression easy enough, i am over 1/2 way there by barely trying and on the first sub.

Lovely. I'm just under 20% of the way there. Two of the non-essential nodes are already scaled to nearly 3x300 and another is at 3x180.
  • DFiPL wrote:

Same boat. Need (like, NEED) the Patch Yellow, but I'm just tired of the second job... too little reward for far too much effort.

DBC
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm so used to the scaling at this point it's all a big blur. What I'd like to see changed tomorrow is this 9 refreshable nodes per sub thing.

It's like we don't have two subs to clear at once anymore. Yay! Oh, we just merged them so instead of clearing 10 over two subs, you have 9 in one.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had actually forgotten the scaling had been turned back on. That explains the god awful nodes.

Yeah, please turn it off. There was challenge in Pridogal Sun without being a concrete wall to chew through.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I'm glad you are all struggling... that patch yellow cover is MINE!

[evil laugh]

Only thing slowing me down is that my PX is boosted to 240, so he's stealing the strongest color away from purple and making blue AP. I'm going to have to think of better ways to use/make blue AP. Is 2 Storm boosted? lol
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    made the progression reward first play though the 2nd stage. now nothing to aim for 3 days. Would rather have the yellow patch then i stupid carnage i will never use
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    I'm going to have to think of better ways to use/make blue AP. Is 2 Storm boosted? lol

No, but Groot is. And he drops 1476 in strike tiles at max.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get the feeling I'll end up with a Patch Yellow that people will need that I definitely do not. Wish I could donate it somehow =/
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no reason to complain. They explicitly said that they'd run two test events and then proceed from there. One such event has taken place, the next would be second. They have just stuck with what they initially promised. Note also that this event is a make-up event for those who missed the chance for Carnage the first time around. If their messing with scaling caused the event to somehow break, imagine the rage of the players who didn't get Carnage at first, getting screwed twice.
  • I'm a 2-3 transitioner, my highest level character is a 114 Captain America at 3/5/5 (and also only 3* character i have fully covered to the best) and everyone else is at lvl 94.

Someone in the Prodigal Sun thread wrote his nodes, so i did the same here.

On this event, OBW and Capt.Marvel were lvl 150.
    Beast was lvl 55, boosted to about lvl 130? Don't remember now. Covered at 4/5/4.
    Blade is at 4/4/4 at lvl 127 boosted.
    Prof.X is 0/1/0 at lvl 100 boosted.

CAPTAIN MARVEL:ESSENCIAL : Started at lvls 87/88/87. Did 2 clears at 12:00 AM.
    About 14 hours later i cleared it again. The levels actually decreased, they were 86/87/87.
    At about 1 hour from event ending, it decreased again, to 86/87/86. Cleared twice. About 10 mins from ending, it jumped to 101/102/101 More about this later.

BEAST ESSENCIAL: Started at lvls 82/83/82. Did 2 clears at 12:00 AM.
    About 14 hours later the levels decreased to 79/80/79.
    1 hour from event ending, it decreased again to 78/78/78. About 10 mins from ending, it jumped to 96/97/96

PROFESSOR X ESSENCIAL:. Started at 74/74/74. 2 clears at 12:00 AM.
    About 14 hours later, increased to 87/87/87. The opposite of what happened in the other essencials.
    1 hour from event ending, it decreased to 85/86/86, even on the final 10 mins.

RED ISO-8 SNOW. I think it was 2 Thugs and 1 Hitman. Normal difficulty. Started at 158/159/158. 2 clears at 12:00 AM.
    About 14 hours later, it increased to 208/208/208. Hard Difficulty.
    1 hour from event ending, increased again to 253/253/253. Managed to clear once. Hard Difficulty.

TOO COLD: 2 Muscles and 1 Hitman...or 2 Hitmans 1 Muscle, don't remember exactly.
    Started at Normal, 162/163/162. Two clears at 12:00 AM.
    About 14 hours later, it increased to 191/192/191. Cleared once, Hard Difficulty.
    1 hour from event ending, it increased to 240/240/240. Hard Difficulty. 2 wipes and 6 health packs. Actually beat it once. Beating this at 240 INCREASED the levels on the Cap.Marvel and Beast Essentials that were in bold.

FREEZE, BUDDY: 2*Bullseye and 2 Muscle. Started at 141/141/141. Normal, 2 clears.
    14 hours later, it increased to 165/165/165. Remained Normal.
    1 hour from event ending it increased to 194/194/194. Bullseye actually killed me just with match damage, no Threaten tiles, ****...
    After being defeated on this, the level DECREASED to 173/173/173 and the difficulty changed to NORMAL.
    After beating this on Normal, it changed back to 194/194/194 and Hard Difficulty. Actually managed to beat it.

The essentials were losing levels, but after beating the Too Cold node at lvl 240, the essentials (except Prof.X, which decreased) increased by 20 levels.
  • Even tough i'm nowhere near the lvl of nightmare scaling some people have, it's very annoying and frustrating.

I think the only PVEs i decided to really play were the ones with the Hulkbuster rewards and one who rewarded Colossus. Finished top 25 on both. All the others i just played for reward progression, and on the Carnaged event i didn't even did that and mostly i was just playing DDQ and on the past 2-3 seasons didn't even bother with 10-pack reward on PVP.

This changed this season with the change in PVP and then i heard about the scaling off in Prodigal Sun. I decided to play it and loved it. What i didn't played in all the past PVEs in the past 2-3 months i played on this one, i managed to be Top 1 not only on the event overall, but on every sub as well.
    Amazingly, 16 tokens didn't got me a single 3*, but i opened 5 in 77 Standard Tokens...

Anyway, i wiped on Prodigal Sun a few times, but it didn't felt cheap or induced rage. On the last node Bullseye pratically killed me with match damage without Threaten tiles, ****. Hyperscaled enemies are ridiculous and unfun. I really hope this scaling **** is removed from the game, it makes no sense and if it's kept i will just do DDQ, a bit of PVP and maybe progression rewards and that's it.

If they want to put an extra node with Hard/Deadly difficulty, they should change the ammount of points it gives and the rewards. A Deadly node with almost triple level from the Essential giving almost the same number of points? And 20 iso if you cleared it early before it got out of control?
    If they want to keep a node like this, they really should increase the number of points/ISO or even reward a Health Pack if you clear it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    There's no reason to complain. They explicitly said that they'd run two test events and then proceed from there
    And part of evaluating the test is going to be to get feedback from us on how we perceived the events with and without scaling, which is exactly what this thread is.