Back In Action

MarcusGraves
MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So after a long break I decided to load the game back up and bask in all the new junk and I'm just wondering what major changes have occurred other than from what I've heard about XF and 4* thor getting slam jammed by the nerf hammer, I left when elektra was released.

also this homeless vet needs an alliance to join if anyone needs an extra.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    What changed.... everything lol

Ultron Event, (new type of PVE)
    few more 4 stars
    loads more 3*s
    Deadpool Daily to get you 1 guaranteed 3* cover a day

Right now some scaling testing is going on, if someone can find the link to the Q&A that should help answer some as well.

Welcome Back!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    So after a long break I decided to load the game back up and bask in all the new junk and I'm just wondering what major changes have occurred other than from what I've heard about XF and 4* thor getting slam jammed by the nerf hammer, I left when elektra was released.

also this homeless vet needs an alliance to join if anyone needs an extra.

There have been tons of changes!

More health for many characters, complete change is the PvP system (more points per match, different prog rewards, shield cooldowns, weekly boosts).

There have been lots of characters released too, some good (iron fist, hulkbuster, kamala Khan, Cyclops, scarlet witch, kingpin, professor x), Some not (quicksilver, vision, carnage, star lord, squirrel girl).

Token odds have completely changed, vaulting is no more, and deadpool daily quest is awesome.

Welcome back and enjoy!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    What others have said plus: iso costs for levelling up a 3* from 40 to 120 have been GREATLY reduced. Cost of roster slots has been capped at 1k for the time being with promises of further easing the acquisition of more. There are now weekly buffed characters in addition to the event-specific ones which greatly has changed the way PVP is played. PVP reward were reworked across the board with the most noteweothy outcome being the 4* cover being given at 1k points instead 1300.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great catch pylgrim, I forgot about the leveling costs.

It is now much easier to get 3*s and 4* up to a useable level. 4*s are still pricey, but you. An 70 to 172 for 50k iso. And you can take a 3* from 40 to 100 for 13k iso.

It makes a huge difference if you have a sizeable roster of decently covered 3*s.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    oh god an ISO cost drop for 3*s is fantastic, i'm also seeing that they raised the cap on health packs from 5 to 10 which is also pretty great
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    oh god an ISO cost drop for 3*s is fantastic, i'm also seeing that they raised the cap on health packs from 5 to 10 which is also pretty great
    Welcome back marcusgraves. Lots of new characters since you left. Also the big help in PVP is the weekly buff of characters. This really helps 3* rosters compete with more 4*.
    For new 3* aim for IRon fist, scarlet witch, cyclops, Luke Cage and Kamala Khan. All 5 of theses 3* are top tier and fun to play with.