trades

zeddicus
zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Only amongst alliance members. Is this possible to incorporate. Or am I lacking in search I performed

Comments

• Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Opening up trade, even with alliance limitations, opens up the door to grey economy. I'm doubtful any freemium games would want that.
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Just a thought
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    would you really want to pay a cover tax to stay in a top alliance? that is the only road cover trading leads to
  • Sure it opens up the grey market by posting that you've got an extra Hulkbuster red cover because you had a lucky pull and yours is already at 5 red, but you'll let someone join your alliance for $4 for the cover...
    But the real problem as I see it is not even a grey market, but a flat out invitation to cheat. Someone no one "knows" joins the alliance, generates a whole bunch of hp through a cheat, buys a lot of packs and opens them and trades off desired covers then leaves or gets sandboxed. Doesn't matter that it was actually someone in the alliance on a proxy and a throwaway, they've still got plausible deniability.

Or on a more legit method, farm covers on a new account with easier newbie brackets and send them to your vet account that has a harder time placing.

Comes up every once in a while, pretty much not going to happen.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can see them maybe implementing something allowing trades for half the price of buying the cover outright. *** trades would cost 625 each player and **** trades 1250 each player. anything less than that and they are inviting trouble as others have mentioned. even then, it will hit their bottom line since the whales would be only spending half as much on covers, even though I think that might create more revenue in the middle class and upper middle class of the player base by encouraging some to pull the trigger on something they wouldn't spend the full amount on.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need a marketplace. Someone puts in say a Hood yellow... players select it, and choose the cover the wish to trade from their rewards list. Person who put the cover up for trade chooses the offer they want.

3* for 3*
    4* for 4*

1 and 2* excluded

this way, we can finish off characters we need, and have something to do with those extra 25 R&G blue's!