2 Questions, 1 about my X-force, the other about Sentry.

Ok, so looking at my roster the other day, I click on my X-force, which is 5/5/3 and currently level 161, I notice on the screen to raise his level up says that I can click on the tab to level him to 253 for 246325. Now, my question, how come it's only 253? He is fully covered, so shouldn't it state the level and cost for 270? Found this kinda odd. Maybe i'm missing something, I don't know. Also, I would just like some honest opinions on which route I should take my Sentry. He is right now at 4/4/5. His yellow will stay where it's at, but as far as his red or green, which is the better move? Any help in figuring this out would be helpful, because I have a red cover of his waiting to train or sell.

Thanks,

Riconn

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    That "level up" button goes as high as your current ISO plus a purchase of the largest ISO pack available in the store will take you. In this case, for whatever you have in ISO now + $100 you can take Xforce to lvl 253 (I would not recommend this icon_e_wink.gif )

As for Sentry, post nerf the consensus best build for him is 5/3/5, since his green was made all but unplayable when he was nerfed.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    For the first question, that button will only level the character to the highest level that your current iso pool+the highest amount of iso you can buy so while he can go to 270 you can only level him that much based on your current pool.

As far as Sentry goes I sold mine with his last nerf but plan on building him back to 5/3/5 just because his green is next to worthless now, but that's just me.
  • Guys, thank you so much for the info, I really appreciate it. That's why you all are the experts and i'm a nobody icon_lol.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Riconn wrote:
    Guys, thank you so much for the info, I really appreciate it. That's why you all are the experts and i'm a nobody icon_lol.gif

No, you're THE Riconn!

And asking the questions is how we all learn. =)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentry 5/3/5 and it's not really close any more.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I'm 445 on Sentry. His 5th red is not a big improvement. And this way you can still sentry bomb a bit.

But I hardly use them and play mostly pve so this is just my 2 cents
  • I have had and continue to have a 4/5/4 Sentry that I'm pretty happy with. Even at the height of the 3/5/5 Sentry craze this is what I ran. 5 red is indeed a mild improvement (although with red converters out there now getting to 9 red tiles is much easier). I could see losing 4 CDs to improve the overall strike tile, but really greenflag.png wait 2 turns yellowflag.png watch everybody die is still the best way to play Sentry. It just takes a lot longer now.