What is the Vault?

ECOcrush
ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I keep seeing references to "The Vault" on the forums and how everyone is anxious for it. So like, what is it???

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    how i understand it they toss say like XXX covers into it

Just saying this (not real info)

doom
    black widow
    iron man
    carnage

you play the vault nod and win you will get one of those items out of the vault...your vault now only contains what is left. So mostly if you can play and win all the time you will empty out the vault

with no real info the last week i doubt it will come out before the start of the new season or even later..
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    A little while ago they took (older) characters and put them in the vault. It's not a real place, it just meant that those characters would not be in any events rewards or token draws (except standard tokens). So chances to get covers for not vaulted character were better while some people were waiting forever to get a cover for a character that was vaulted.

With the increase of gold drop percentages they stepped back from that concept and every character is available all the time now.
  • slidecage
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    A little while ago they took (older) characters and put them in the vault. It's not a real place, it just meant that those characters would not be in any events rewards or token draws (except standard tokens). So chances to get covers for not vaulted character were better while some people were waiting forever to get a cover for a character that was vaulted.

With the increase of gold drop percentages they stepped back from that concept and every character is available all the time now.

i thought he was asking about the new mode coming maybe i misunderstood.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    No one knows yet exactly what the vault will be. It mostly seems like a way to stop people from stockpiling tacos.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what i thought i had read... you put things in and have a chance at pulling out something better, or at least different. A way to possibly accelerate 4* transition, and to make covers you do not need from DDQ possibly worth something more than 500 iso.
  • slidecage
    stowaway wrote:
    No one knows yet exactly what the vault will be. It mostly seems like a way to stop people from stockpiling tacos.

when the taco was first told i took it as a whole different way.. i though you would get the lettcue then tomato then the beef and the cheese and sauce (was expecting 5 day event) then if you got all the toppings you would got the 3 star .... they should do something like that for 4 stars
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I'm familiar with how they used to pull characters out of rotation. I forgot this was referenced as being "vaulted" sometimes. But the recent use of the word seems to be what Slidecage is talking about.

Forum users are talking about the Vault like its an upcoming event and something to get excited for like DDQ was.

So if it's what Slidecage described, is it a competitive vault? Like with a set number of covers players compete for or is it like DDQ where its just there for grabs and you play for it at your pace?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    ECOcrush wrote:
    I'm familiar with how they used to pull characters out of rotation. I forgot this was referenced as being "vaulted" sometimes. But the recent use of the word seems to be what Slidecage is talking about.

Forum users are talking about the Vault like its an upcoming event and something to get excited for like DDQ was.

So if it's what Slidecage described, is it a competitive vault? Like with a set number of covers players compete for or is it like DDQ where its just there for grabs and you play for it at your pace?

It will be PART of DDQ (pretty sure anyway)
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    They described it as a "storefront" and they linked it to DDQ. There's no reason to think it will be competitive, or even involve playing matches, until they give us more information.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:
    They described it as a "storefront" and they linked it to DDQ. There's no reason to think it will be competitive, or even involve playing matches, until they give us more information.

This. Pretty sure it's just a token with a cover pool that is non-replaceable, as opposed to current state.

The current tokens have a set of all covers to draw from, with a weighted distribution. Take a Heroic
    27 (9charx3colors) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (2.3%)
    120 star.pngstar.pngstar.png (23.6%)
    39 star.pngstar.png (74.1%)

Quickest combination I came up with is a pool of roughly 2526 covers (percentages don't quite work, good enough for an example):

54 (27 covers x 2 iterations) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    600 (120 x 5) star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    1872 (39 x 48) star.pngstar.png

In Vault world, I presume you'll have a much more truncated pool to pull from. Example a pool of 100 covers:

1 x 2900HP
    1 x 10000 iso
    3 x featured 4*
    10 x 3*
    5 x 250 HP
    80 x 2*

With no replacement, you start with 20% gold+, if your first 10 pulls fail, now you're at 23.3% for the 11th pull. Question will be how long any given Vault is available, and how spread out the cover pool really is. Guaranteed to still frustrate some people, but still an improvement over the current tacos.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think grumpysmurf is correct.

And to me the key factor will be how high the odds of a "good" outcome can go. Assume we get 10 pulls on any given vault. If we miss on the first 9, is the 10th pull An 80% chance i.e. something good, or a 27.8%? The latter would be very disappointing.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Is this the thread where we talk about the Fallout 4 release?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's the part of the video where they talk about the vault, go ahead and try to decrypt it:

https://youtu.be/yCEvV7cBuAk?t=5m51s
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    It's something that I hope happens soon, because the game is pretty boring right now and *something* to inject some excitement into it.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    Is this the thread where we talk about the Fallout 4 release?

No, that's a different thread, where all the people who've discovered Fallout Shelter announce they have no time left in the day to play MPQ.
  • slidecage
    It's something that I hope happens soon, because the game is pretty boring right now and *something* to inject some excitement into it.

i doubt it happens before the start of the next season