How to ACTUALLY test self scaling vs community scaling.

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The only way to test this would be to put all characters on an even playing field. Levels of characters randomly assigned by slice chosen.

Each time slice has multiple possibilities..
All chars lvl 270
All chars lvl 166
All chars lvl 94

collect data. This way you can test scaling for vets and newbies alike, and see how things scale at different levels with community scaling off.

Comments

• ? Why would you change your system completely for a single test as opposed to using the representative newbie/veteran brackets that would occur if you used the actual system? There's more than just 2 shards per time bracket, yet many people treat it as if there's only 2, new or vet.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    So im guessing we will not know the outcome of this until say UMMMMMMMMMMM

mid aug.. i think it took around 2 months before the pumped PVP started after the test...

i would rather see it turn off for good. i had more fun in Pve this time then did for months. then again i spent way too much time on the game this last week.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why the hell would anyone want to play a PvE where every opponent is lv270?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Why the hell would anyone want to play a PvE where every opponent is lv270?

not opponents. your roster.

People play differently, and have diverse rosters. Imagine if you could use any of your chars either buffed against higher opponents, or under leveled against weaker ones.

See if scaling is effected by keeping all chars at 94, or if maxing them out helps scaling better, or level capping 4*'s at 166

This would answer quite a few questions many have been asking.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    People play differently, and have diverse rosters. Imagine if you could use any of your chars either buffed against higher opponents, or under leveled against weaker ones.

See if scaling is effected by keeping all chars at 94, or if maxing them out helps scaling better, or level capping 4*'s at 166

This would answer quite a few questions many have been asking.
    They (demiurge) already know, and there is incentive for them to not make it fully clear to the user base.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    So im guessing we will not know the outcome of this until say UMMMMMMMMMMM

mid aug.. i think it took around 2 months before the pumped PVP started after the test...

i would rather see it turn off for good. i had more fun in Pve this time then did for months. then again i spent way too much time on the game this last week.
    It was actually one season... The test was at the end of season 12, 13 was old format with new matchmaking, 14 was season of the boost