Lack of Activity

Hello there, I'm not sure if this is where this should be posted, but...

What I want to say is something that I'm sure many of the player agree with...

Can we please have some more news and overall activity from the devs? Like, you guys don't need to create a topic only when there's a "big event" happening or when there's a mistake.
I believe that we like to know that you guys still care and post something at least 3 times per week, even if it's just a "Hello community, we are working on some cool new stuff!" or "We listened to your feedback and are doing something about it." or basically anything that shows that you guys are alive.

Sorry for English. pls be alive gais. I really like this game but you could communicate more D:

Thanks icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally would love to see more dev activity on here but the summer season seems to be the period we get the least amount of activity. One can only hope it's because they are busy working on awesome new stuff (i.e. 2nd Anniversary plans, new PvE content, new non-competitive stuff, etc).
  • Yes, last year we did not get many news during the Summer.

We did not have any new characters in August if I remember well.

We had the great news of the revamped X-Force (RIP) in September, which we were all excited about.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I'll vote as many times as allowed for a repeat of that this year icon_e_wink.gif
  • Hello there, I'm not sure if this is where this should be posted, but...

What I want to say is something that I'm sure many of the player agree with...

Can we please have some more news and overall activity from the devs? Like, you guys don't need to create a topic only when there's a "big event" happening or when there's a mistake.
    I believe that we like to know that you guys still care and post something at least 3 times per week, even if it's just a "Hello community, we are working on some cool new stuff!" or "We listened to your feedback and are doing something about it." or basically anything that shows that you guys are alive.

Sorry for English. pls be alive gais. I really like this game but you could communicate more D:

Thanks icon_e_biggrin.gif

I am going to guess that during the summer, just like the rest of us, they take their family vacations. They probably can't get together and collaborate on new content much when they are out of town/country. On a side note. I am looking forward to no new character releases!!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:
    I am going to guess that during the summer, just like the rest of us, they take their family vacations. They probably can't get together and collaborate on new content much when they are out of town/country. On a side note. I am looking forward to no new character releases!!

whoa, you mean devs are PEOPLE and not enemy combatants???? /sarcasm.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I'll vote as many times as allowed for a repeat of that this year icon_e_wink.gif

We had Deadpool at the beginning of August.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:

They also didn't all take vacation at the same time (well, I hope). No red posts for a week isn't great for morale, especially combined with people noticing a few recent announcements are coming from non-forum sources.

I mean, I don't blame them when 95% (99%?) of their posts are treated with vitriol, but the occasional Patch note seems really light when it comes to communication.

I've suggested it before, but even a simple post like: Here's what we have planned for the week, listing the PvE/PvP's upcoming would at least create an illusion of engagement. For the life of me, I'll never understand why the 'spoiler' thread is where we have to figure out upcoming PvEs.

With rare exceptions, there's nothing on the forums that couldn't just be a pop-up in game, and I'm not sure that's the best approach.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    do they go to E3 maybe that is why no news this week. i just hope the so called ultron coming back soon rumor is true.. i would love for them to say the PVE is turning into a pure ultron event (where its all team based) on 4 stars
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Yep - this has been a common complaint by myself and others as well.
    I'm not sure they avoid posting because of negative responses (I'm pretty sure they are mature enough to handle all of us being largely immature) - and I think they listen to our constructive feedback (even if they have a different vision).

But I find their lack of general engagement discouraging. A brief look at the upcoming PVP list, a "what characters we're playing at home" post, the occasional "here are some metrics" posts....I do recall a time when we saw things like this more often. Now....lots of silence in between Bug/Fix posts, Patch release posts, and the monthly Q&A video (that comes out every 6 weeks or so)...and not much else.

There's been some AWESOME ideas by others on how to fix this (including my favorite - a mediated Q&A session between the devs and some of the really veteran forumites).

But a sense of community is a key ingredient to building a sticky & great game, and the Alliance system on MPQ is not much of a community. It's important for the game creators to be an ACTIVE part of that community (that includes some limited back & forth with other community members). Increasingly since about February, the Reds have been more inactive than active.
  • Another funny thing is that on the play store they have a brief patch note and a link to a page with "more information". The "extra" information is usually the same thing with no changes at all.

They need to post a detailed patch note, maybe include the reason behind changes, how a bug was found, or why certain thing was happening. Just... more information. Looking at League Of Legends patch notes is a great place to start, they put so much information. Including some stuff that very few people read.

They could make someone's job to take care of the forum. Problem solved.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    But seriously, this time last year, even getting a patch notes out of them was like an every other month kind of thing. By comparison, they're practically livestreaming now