Thunderbolts mountain...sentry red...again??

Come on, D3, can you not at least change the colour? I mean, its bad enough having the same old tired PvE over and over again, but you should at least alter the rewards from time to time.

Would it be so difficult offering a yellow maybe! A green?

Some variation would be reasonable. I don't expect you to put the effort in to make the enemy a bit more updated, but reward tokens should be straightforward. Something to consider...

Comments

• I agree, some variation would be nice, sold so many reds already
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twombley wrote:
    Come on, D3, can you not at least change the colour? I mean, its bad enough having the same old tired PvE over and over again, but you should at least alter the rewards from time to time.

Would it be so difficult offering a yellow maybe! A green?

Some variation would be reasonable. I don't expect you to put the effort in to make the enemy a bit more updated, but reward tokens should be straightforward. Something to consider...

I don't even see the Sentry cover in my Thunderbolts Mountain. Consider yourself lucky.
  • It is always, and will always be Sentry Red. Just like Hulk is always and will always be Hulk Green for his event. And Unstable ISO-8 always gives out a 2* Cap, even tho 3* Cap is on the splash page now.
  • You have to clear all the normal nodes and sentry 3* is a reward for a final chapter that only appears on clearance.
    And it is silly, there is no need for the same colours to keep appearing, that is pure laziness.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twombley wrote:
    You have to clear all the normal nodes and sentry 3* is a reward for a final chapter that only appears on clearance.
    And it is silly, there is no need for the same colours to keep appearing, that is pure laziness.

Ah, there it is.

And my Sentry now has 11 covers. Should get his 12th in a week and a half or so. I have no idea why I keep him around, because I never use him unless I hafta...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are always new players or people who couldn't complete it before. I think of the cover as a sort of I WUZ HERE trophy, like the super iso-8 nodes and HP nodes in Simulator/Deadpool vs MPQ. At the very least it's guaranteed 500 iso.

Plus my noob account just got its 3rd Sentry Red from that.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I am kind of glad it was red again, because I already have maxed my green and yellow is at 4. Now I have a 3/5/4. Just need 2 more reds and 1 more yellow and he will be complete.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh. If they change it, it will probably be to remove it. I suspect they don't like giving out a set cover as an event reward. I'm glad they didn't change it.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Someone (probably a lot of someones) probably already pointed a few things.

1. Red is currently his best cover.

2. It gives his new owners access to other covers in dpdq.

3. The cover is there pretty much for newer players. I'm sure they greatly appreciate the cover. Others get 500 iso. Ironically, of you got 500 iso in any other node on one attempt in this pve, you'd be very happy.

4. Meh. What next? Complaining about 5 nodes aren't repeatable.

P.s. I used to feel same way hulk cover was never black.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my second red Sentry cover last night icon_e_smile.gif

When it comes to 3* covers remember that not everyone may have them, much joy was around when Deadpools daily gave out a Black Panther black a while ago (admittedly it was during major server issues) yet my Black Panther has been maxed black cover for ages. Cover rotations will never please everyone but I assure you that some people will and do need them.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, not everyone has 5 red sentry covers, but also everyone does not have 5 green or 5 yellow, and that's all the OP is asking for is that they rotate the color of this cover. No matter what color it is, it will still be useful to newer players.
  • Absloutely - I'm all for offering a Sentry cover as the win for this PvE set, and thta's more or less how I got my reds. I need a green or a yellow, so playing (again) this final event when I know the Big reward is useless is getting old.

Thanks for the commenys, folks, but the last one really sums it up. New players need covers, why not rotate the colour? Sentry, as with all characters, is not just about one colour.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    P.s. I used to feel same way hulk cover was never black.
    my hulk at 5/1/2 and sentry at 5/2/2 - would prefer those be rng'ed, but hey, its basically a free cover, so can't complain.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be a good one to have RNG'd.

Kind of a bummer that the 800 point cover in Sentry PVP is also Red Sentry, lol.
  • Kind of funny to keep reading about "newer players" needing the Sentry cover, considering I (Day 560+) never got close to it.

This has to be the only game I've ever heard of, let alone played, where you either need a vet roster or a brand new account to feel like you can be competitive...

DBC