Another cover idea - don't give me more than 5 of the 1.

yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
Another day, another idea for covers that is surely to go into the abyss like the rest of them:

Leave the current model as it is, BUT... create a setting where you can't get or you have very very reduced odds of getting a cover for a character where you already have 5 of them assigned to the character.

I don't know how this works behind the scenes, so not sure if it's too hard to do but it would mean that most of the covers you do get might be of use and easier to respec if you so choose.

Comments

• Can't see this happening. More chance of having a system where you can trade unwanted covers within your alliance...
  • Maybe salvage your covers to higher tier covers? 5 1-star for 1 2-star, 10 2* for 1 3* etc.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    flagoon wrote:
    Maybe salvage your covers to higher tier covers? 5 1-star for 1 2-star, 10 2* for 1 3* etc.

Been thinking along that lines also but with a point system. Each sold duplicate earns you a number of points that you can save up and buy something with.

Even better give you a nominal amount of hp. 1250 HP to buy a cover but only 500 iso to sell it seems a bit one sided.

I actually would be happy with even a couple of hero points as it would mount up. Which is probably why they would never go for it.

But who knows, if these threads keep appearing maybe they will find some sort of comprise that does not undermine their profit margins.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe they could incorporate extra covers into the vault system. instead of throwing away your extra ones, they could enter the vault as some sort of credit that could be built up for....something better than 300 iso? I'm actually getting to the point where I'm seeing unusable covers more often. sounds like it stinks, but it also means my roster is improving.
  • one day, you'll regret asking for less covers as I stand in first place in both PVP and PVE, with a 5/5/999 Hood and 17/8/10 Captain America.

icon_e_ugeek.gificon_e_ugeek.gificon_e_ugeek.gificon_e_ugeek.gificon_e_ugeek.gificon_e_ugeek.gificon_e_ugeek.gificon_e_ugeek.gif
  • I have to confess, threads like this REALLY make me question why I'm still playing this game...

I'm still worried about actually even having a fully-covered character, only to realize that I'll eventually end up getting duplicates of the very covers that have been such a nightmare to get in the first place? Ugh.

DBC
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crafting covers would be a phenomenal change... but seems very unlikely.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to confess, threads like this REALLY make me question why I'm still playing this game...

I'm still worried about actually even having a fully-covered character, only to realize that I'll eventually end up getting duplicates of the very covers that have been such a nightmare to get in the first place? Ugh.

DBC

I suppose it depends on your level of patience. I'm at the point where I can only make use of one out of maybe every 15 or 20 3* covers I get. My 2* > 3* transition was pretty long and then of course it was a goodly while before I had any depth at that level. But now that I'm solidly here, it's quite fun. I have a lot of options and can compete in both PvP and PvE at my leisure. With the PvP scoring increase I actually have a reasonable path to 4* as well. It's pretty good. But again, it's a matter of patience.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Just got my 7th icon_cyclops.pngblackflag.pngicon_rolleyes.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about simply giving us more than zero HP for selling a cover we don't want? It doesn't have to be the full 1250. 250 or even 125 would go a long way toward a fix.

And, that system already exists. The programming is done. The just have to adjust the sell values in the database. In my opinion, the best solution is the simplest. I think they're just too greedy to allow it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    How about simply giving us more than zero HP for selling a cover we don't want? It doesn't have to be the full 1250. 250 or even 125 would go a long way toward a fix.

And, that system already exists. The programming is done. The just have to adjust the sell values in the database. In my opinion, the best solution is the simplest. I think they're just too greedy to allow it.

then you have people farming for covers they do not need, taking them away from those working to get it, just so they get the HP
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm only starting to see more and unusable covers (have 49 of the possible 120 *** abilities at/above my target), but I've seen many loki blacks. tons. never pulled patch yellow ever or a panther black. only ones I have on those are from ddq. aiming for another patch yellow in this pve. might be a tight group who don't want t50 but damn sure want 51-150.

I'd settle for 25 hp for selling (wasn't it like that at one point?). even that would help. any more than that and the vets would get a free influx of hp, which I don't care about, but would hurt the bottom line too much.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

then you have people farming for covers they do not need, taking them away from those working to get it, just so they get the HP

And how does that differ from the current situation? The number one guy in my magnetic mayhem has a max Prof. X. The top ten have rosters with fully covered sentry.
  • firethorne wrote:

And then people just sell covers to unlock roster slots, which likely destroys one of their main revenue sources. It's not a matter of greed, they still have to turn a profit to keep the game and business running, and 90% of these "They're greedy!!" posts inevitably recommend something incredibly bad for the financial health of the game.
  • Sickboy254698
    Sickboy254698 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    This game is a lot nicer than most games when it comes to giving out the good stuff. I've played a lot of CCG games on the play store. (MPQ is basically a CCG in disguise) None of the others give you the chance to win tournaments as a free player. None. The winners of those tournaments get the best cards and continue to kick your ****.

This game has been going for a long time because you cheap bastards that won't spend $5 to support a game you play daily because of some asinine ethical code, can get 3/4 star covers and easily place in the top five of any event, possibly even win, without having to pry those pennies out of your wallet. If they stopped giving out duplicates, which every game does these days, sooner or later we would stop playing because eventually people would have everything. They know most people are "collectors". Seriously whose playing for the PVP glory?

Anywho... I have no problem with the duplicate covers. I get them more often than not now it seems. It would be nice to see the prices come down a little but unless the F2P crowd asks there mom's for $20 so they can buy some HP, prices will stay where they are. Those of us who know better will continue to foot the bill.
  • This game is a lot nicer than most games when it comes to giving out the good stuff. I've played a lot of CCG games on the play store. (MPQ is basically a CCG in disguise) None of the others give you the chance to win tournaments as a free player. None. The winners of those tournaments get the best cards and continue to kick your ****.

This game has been going for a long time because you cheap bastards that won't spend $5 to support a game you play daily because of some asinine ethical code, can get 3/4 star covers and easily place in the top five of any event, possibly even win, without having to pry those pennies out of your wallet. If they stopped giving out duplicates, which every game does these days, sooner or later we would stop playing because eventually people would have everything. They know most people are "collectors". Seriously whose playing for the PVP glory?

Anywho... I have no problem with the duplicate covers. I get them more often than not now it seems. It would be nice to see the prices come down a little but unless the F2P crowd asks there mom's for $20 so they can buy some HP, prices will stay where they are. Those of us who know better will continue to foot the bill.
    no need to be so insulting, sheesh
  • Sickboy254698
    Sickboy254698 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I thought it was funny. I'll try harder next time. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    I thought it was funny. I'll try harder next time. icon_e_biggrin.gif

i wasn't sure at first and neither was Heath

27424758d1394748465-fansproject-stunticons-menasor-aka-m3-intimidator-notsureifserious.jpg