Long-term effect of Community Scaling removal?

Zen808
Zen808 Posts: 260
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
It's been said before by IceIX that the algorithm for personal scaling takes into account "player performance." The removal of community scaling appears to have had the effect of everybody seeing lower difficulty enemies across the board in PVE.

Does the lowered difficulty not increase their "player performance?" Will the long-term effect be just a band-aid fix, and eventually, their enemy levels will return to the same equilibrium that it had prior to the removal of community scaling?

Or are the factors accounted for by the personal scaling algorithm completely based on actions on the player end, independent of the strength of the enemies faced?

Comments

• No idea, I try not to get wrapped up too much on the science of it. It is a lot more fun to play though, and encourages me to want to play around with the roster, rather than relying the on the best team all the time.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or are the factors accounted for by the personal scaling algorithm completely based on actions on the player end, independent of the strength of the enemies faced?
    It's not independent of the strength of the enemies. That's why the difficulty of the easiest node always goes down. A lot of people are tanking to that node, trying to lower their scaling. The fastest/best way to affect it is to lose to the easiest node.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't get used to it, this is just a test, community scaling will be back in the next event for Carnage re-release. Then off again for Oscorp: Heroic. After that who knows
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Don't get used to it, this is just a test, community scaling will be back in the next event for Carnage re-release. Then off again for Oscorp: Heroic. After that who knows

Carnage isnt coming back they said the PVP was the other chance to get carnage. Love for them to come back but i doubt it... ALSO just think if carnage came back tomorrow it be a hell of a grind fest to make it to top 50 in 4 days since they said another TEST WAS coming June 22 so thursday PVE will only be a 4 day PVE and i doubt they will make it a carnage event...

Did hear a rumor that ULTRON evnt is coming back... It would be very cool if they would release that to get the carnage covers

didnt they run HEROIC with ultron last time (last 3 days of the event) or at the same time.... love to see Ultron come back tomorrow
  • fmftint
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Carnage isnt coming back they said the PVP was the other chance to get carnage. Love for them to come back but i doubt it... ALSO just think if carnage came back tomorrow it be a hell of a grind fest to make it to top 50 in 4 days since they said another TEST WAS coming June 22 so thursday PVE will only be a 4 day PVE and i doubt they will make it a carnage event...

Did hear a rumor that ULTRON evnt is coming back... It would be very cool if they would release that to get the carnage covers

didnt they run HEROIC with ultron last time (last 3 days of the event) or at the same time.... love to see Ultron come back tomorrow
    you need to do your research before you post,

Hey everyone,

We’ve had an issue causing the game to crash during matches. We recently resolved this for iOS and are actively working on a fix for Android.

For compensation for this outage, we’ll be giving everyone that played during the outage 250 Hero Points and 1500 Iso-8.

Also, some players were concerned that they weren’t able to compete for Carnage during the crashing issue, so we’re running Carnage as the prize for another PVE event, one that will run next week, around 6/15/15.

Thanks,

Kabir
  • slidecage
    fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

you need to do your research before you post,

Hey everyone,

We’ve had an issue causing the game to crash during matches. We recently resolved this for iOS and are actively working on a fix for Android.

For compensation for this outage, we’ll be giving everyone that played during the outage 250 Hero Points and 1500 Iso-8.

Also, some players were concerned that they weren’t able to compete for Carnage during the crashing issue, so we’re running Carnage as the prize for another PVE event, one that will run next week, around 6/15/15.

Thanks,

Kabir

I thought that as well but was told by ........ that the PVP was the 2nd running of Carnage.

said it would start on 6/15 never started maybe it will tomorrow , who knows and who cares

i hope it is BUT why would they make it a 4 day event we all know another one is starting on the 22nd.. That is why im holding out hope its an ultron type thing.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if you go by what they said in all their posts, it will be a short pve with carnage with the heroic following. hope its like that because even though I made it in the pvp, would love another cover. I think community scaling will be back too, which makes me nervous because I just leveled a big group to 140/120 levels.
  • slidecage
    TxMoose wrote:
    if you go by what they said in all their posts, it will be a short pve with carnage with the heroic following. hope its like that because even though I made it in the pvp, would love another cover. I think community scaling will be back too, which makes me nervous because I just leveled a big group to 140/120 levels.

yea scaling is back for the thursday. but will be off for the mondays.

4 day event with scaling back on, dont even want to think of the blood bath it will be
  • fmftint
    @Slidecage READ what Kabir wrote. He specifically said PVEand next week AROUND 6/15.