How about wild~card tokens?

Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Have tier tokens that count as one cover toward any character you already possess in that tier. (Not to be used to purchase first cover).

1* tokens - Top progression in Lightning rounds, used to purchase one cover of any previously owned 1* character or sell for 200 iso.

2* tokens - PVE event's 10th progression reward/PVP event's 650 progression reward, used to purchase one cover of any previously owned 2* character or sell for 500 iso.

3* tokens - PVE event's top progression reward/PVP event's 900 progression reward, used to purchase one cover of any previously owned 3* character or sell for 1000 iso.

4* tokens - Deadpools Daily Quest Taco Reward (Replaces 1000 HP reward)/Special Event's top progression reward if not already for a new 4* release (e.g. Gauntlet, Ultron, All New Event), used to purchase one cover of any previously owned 4* character or sell for 2000 iso.

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    People would hoard them and as soon as the whales won one cover for the new character they max it out for free. Disastrous for the game's bottom line.
  • wild-card tokens already are ingame *kappa*
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    People would hoard them and as soon as the whales won one cover for the new character they max it out for free. Disastrous for the game's bottom line.
    I agree people would hoard them and that is why they would need an experation on them like 7-14 days. I think for rewards they should be for individual season rewards because they would be super helpful. How much and how many I don't know.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    even if it was character specific, but the color could be chosen - that would help.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    They have this. A 3* wild-card token is 1250 HP, 4* is 2500.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    wymtime wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    I agree people would hoard them and that is why they would need an experation on them like 7-14 days. I think for rewards they should be for individual season rewards because they would be super helpful. How much and how many I don't know.

If the scarcity was appropriate hording wouldnt really be an issue. The caveat is that people would spend them on the good chars while ignoring the bad....but thats not really something whales do.
  • What about this: substitute the pvp 800 progression by a token like this but that only works for that character. So after magneto pvp for example, the next 800 reward is this token (golden magneto token?) instead of the T25 prize of the previous one (blue this time).

This completely bypasses the option to hoard them for new characters.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    That's a great idea, choose what color reward you want at the 800 point prize.