Ideas for additional types of boosts

Options
I enjoy the different types of boosts currently in the game but I think there's room for a few more types that I have yet to see ingame (I've got 15/17 boosts so it's possible they already are?):
    1) Boosts that reduce the AP costs of a specific color power (ie. Reduces the AP cost of all red powers that use at least 6 Red AP by 3)
    A) Ie. any character that has a Red power that costs at least 6 red AP will benefit from this boost by reducing the overall red AP cost by 3 (so Iron Man's Repulsor Blast will now cost 7 Red instead of 10 but Ragnarok's Thunderclap will still cost 2 AP at level 5). This way the boost is helpful but not OP. B) Obviously, you can have one of these for each color (I think they would be OP if you had dual colors per boost) C) You could also have one that reduces the AP costs of all powers by 1 or 2

2) Boosts that do either a % of Max Health heal per round or that do a straight amount
    A) You could also make it so that the heal only triggered on certain AP matches though that is getting a bit complicated for boosts imho

3) Boosts that reduce the Countdown timers by X amount for friendly countdown timers (great for Cpt. America, Wolverine & the new Iron Man (Model 40), among others)

Any types I miss?

Comments

• Nice ideas!

1) AP reduction
    • there would have to be a limit to how low cost can go, because there are characters with already low cost AP skills and further reduction would make them overpowered (like already mentioned Ragnarok), e.g. cost of skill cannot go below 2AP
    • for me reduction by 3 seems bit too much as it reduces cost by one move essentially. I would prefer to see reduction of 2 colours by 2 (preferably with new combinations, not the usual Y/R, B/P, G/B) and of all colours by 1

2) HP Regen
    • Definitely %, because it will scale nicely with your characters.
    • It would hard to make set amount that wouldn't be overpowered at low levels and not meaningless at high levels at the same time

3) Countdown reduction
    • as in 1), a limit to how low countdown can go. I would say one or two turns.
  • Shikao wrote:
    Nice ideas!

1) AP reduction
    • there would have to be a limit to how low cost can go, because there are characters with already low cost AP skills and further reduction would make them overpowered (like already mentioned Ragnarok), e.g. cost of skill cannot go below 2AP
    • for me reduction by 3 seems bit too much as it reduces cost by one move essentially. I would prefer to see reduction of 2 colours by 2 (preferably with new combinations, not the usual Y/R, B/P, G/B) and of all colours by 1

2) HP Regen
    • Definitely %, because it will scale nicely with your characters.
    • It would hard to make set amount that wouldn't be overpowered at low levels and not meaningless at high levels at the same time

3) Countdown reduction
    • as in 1), a limit to how low countdown can go. I would say one or two turns.

Thanks, Shikao and I agree with your modifications. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I completely agree with this!!!