Team Combos

Doc L
Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that we have a very deep roster of heroes from the Avengers, X-Men and so on, as well as specific team-ups such as Captain America and Falcon, how about the addition of boosts/effects given the combination of 3 you pick for your team? The idea being, to encourage more variety in the 3* pvp are, as it should enable some teams to be more attractive than currently.

Some example teams could be:

Any 3 Avengers, any 3 X-Men, any 3 Dark Avengers, any 3 Brotherhood, any 3 GotG (I know that's a bit limited now)
Then, Venom and Carnage, Daredevil and Elektra, Cap and Falcon, Spiderman and Human Torch/Cap/Daredevil (various heroic Team-ups), Wolverine and Daken, Wolverine and Deadpool (as they 'love' each other so much...)

There are so many possibilities out there, and with more coming out all the time, things like Cyclops and Jean, or Colossus and Kitty Pryde (if we see her), they could add a lot of variety to the meta. Possible boosts could be small, like +1 to all colours to start, 10% increased match damage, all strike tiles have 125% damage, that kind of thing, or even all heroes have 125% of their starting health.

Just an idea, throwing it out there, but I think it would be a lot of fun, especially when it gets to teams like Wolverine and Daken, where they hate each other, so it could be a +/- bonus, like one has double healing, the other half healing.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe there use to be boosts for only X-Men and Avengers back when the game first came out. There are also Avengers and Xmen events, where those specific heroes are buffed.

There are a ton of threads that discuss this. Check out the Suggestion and Feedback forum.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    You meant like boosts you pay for iso? Yeah, I have some of those, been playing since the start pretty much, when there was still skills going up to level 20 and paid for by iso.

I don't think I explained properly what I mean, not so much boosts like that, a bit more like in Marvel: War of Heroes, where you get a buff (perhaps a better word) that is applied to you characters, rather than a boost like those you can implement yourself.
  • I like the idea of combining two skills into one but with added damage

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=8&t=29022

It will add more depth to the game but I believe it's too hard to implement.

D3 will have to think of all the synergies, and we will probably see the same OP rosters in pvp all the time which doesn't encourage roster diversity.