Invisibility & AOE attack malfunctions

turul
turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
If an invisible character is in front, and is about to recieve an AOE attack, where the front one gets higher damage, the invisible character won't get hit at all.

(seen with Carnage's red power, did not test with Thor Green)

Invisible character is also protected from AOE stun attacks.

Don't know if these are intentional or not...

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Invisible chars should be taking damage from the AOE, but not directed damage.

AOE is a large area, so even an invisible person will get hit.. The additional damage from Thors green is a directed attack portion, which should miss the invisible target.

As for stuns.. only AOE stuns should be hitting the invisible one.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

As for stuns.. only AOE stuns should be hitting the invisible one.

Interestingly, when I use SW reality crush on an invisible PX, he is not affected it at all.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    If an invisible character is in front, and is about to recieve an AOE attack, where the front one gets higher damage, the invisible character won't get hit at all.

(seen with Carnage's red power, did not test with Thor Green)

Invisible character is also protected from AOE stun attacks.

Don't know if these are intentional or not...

Just tested thors green, he only takes the aoe damage. Since Carnage's red is a Direct damage to one, AOE to all others, if he is in front, he would not take the direct damage. Unlike Thor, Carnage's red does not stack the aoe damage onto the direct, so PX would take 0 while everyone else other than carnage takes the aoe.

That seems to be working correctly.

As for the stun.. 2 tries in shield sim, never got a chance to test it, Skullcracker missed him, as did SW.. someone needs to test storm or Venom, i lined myself up for some serious retal in the sim testing the first part lol.