POLL: Community scaling off in Prodigal Sun PVE

13»

Comments

• MarvelMan wrote:
    So I started late, barely did anything in the second to last sub and did one clear through the last sub so far....until I got to The Final Choice. In what world should that START at 292 and be classified as "Normal"? Not to mention it blocks my main PVE go tos (SuperSteve, SheThor and XF).

*snip*

I want to say I empathize, but sadly, that is simply the nature of Prodigal Sun; it rewards those with strong villains in their roster by having them smash through hero opponents, instead of (effectively) every other event, where its the other way 'round.

I also think the next story event is going to give everyone a clearer picture(and much stronger opinions.... icon_e_confused.gificon_neutral.gificon_cool.gif ) on the effect of zero CS.
    since when are black panther patch blade iron fist villainous?
  • raisinbman wrote:

*snip*

You're looking at the weekly boosted list; I was refering to the essentials( icon_carnage.png , icon_magneto.png , icon_bullseye.png ) in that roster statement.

My fault. I should have been more clear, but iPad typing is still such a chore... icon_razz.gif .
  • raisinbman wrote:

*snip*

You're looking at the weekly boosted list; I was refering to the essentials( icon_carnage.png , icon_magneto.png , icon_bullseye.png ) in that roster statement.

My fault. I should have been more clear, but iPad typing is still such a chore... icon_razz.gif .
    Ok, I reread what you said I think I understand your point but I still gotta say I used non-villians for 87% of this event.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    simonsez wrote:
    Lee T wrote:
    thery'e all playable here. The downside being that I must play them
    Quote of the day so far.

I really hope no one else is going to criticize this scaling experiment because it makes them have to play.

I'm not sure you got my point. To be honest I'm not sure I'm getting yours.

I do not mind playing the game, that's a given, I wouldn't play if that was the case.

What I do mind is having to play more games to achieve the same ranking.

That's probably only a problem for the people in the grey area of 2-3* transitioning, but that's where I am in the game.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    In case someone on the developer team reads this: I enjoyed Prodigal Sun more than several previous pvp:s. I don't like to play insanely difficult matches. In fact, with the changes in pvp, I've had lot more fun with MPQ during the last couple of weeks after being on the verge of quitting altogether
  • What I liked about community scaling off was that I could go through my whole roster over the course of the PVE to meet the challenge level of the opponents. Started off using level 94 2*s or underlevelled 3*s, then when they got outclassed I went to the stable of Level 110-120 unbuffed 3*s, then when it got hard I used the buffed characters for the real challenge. It was fun to use some team combinations that I don't put together very often, rather than just the menu of buffed characters that are needed every time when the scaling drives the opponents levels way beyond my normal roster.