Pause Function

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
Basically, I want to avoid the game restarting on me when I have to jump to some other program or take a call or whatnot.

If the game had a Pause function that prevented full restart, it would please me.

Thank you for your consideration in this lead-up to award nominations season.

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    It does that already.
  • Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    It does have that function, but a lot of phone operating systems have build in settings which kill applications that are currently not active. You have to disable that setting from within your phone to get the game to not kill the active session.

I think the feature you are ultimately asking for is a save feature, so you could save your progress in the current combat, close the application or even reboot your phone, and later come back and resume the combat where you left off. See Plants vs Zombies 2 for an example of this feature.

Unfortunately, the game handles the combat locally on your phone with no communication with the servers until the combat is complete, at which point it communicates the outcome of the combat. In order to have a save feature, it would need to maintain that level of communication while the combat is going, which would likely require a significant redesign of the combat system, for a minor feature.