Most Character-accurate skill

ballingbees
ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
One aspect that I enjoy in this game is when the skill set accurately reflects the character. Rather than the usual straight out damage dealing moves, which signature move stands out as most representative of the character's personality or power? For me, the most accurate skill is Mystique's Shapeshift. In her first PVP, it took me by surprise when I see someone else in the AI roster, only to later realise it was shapeshifted Mystique, which I thought was very apt.

edit: included Fastball special, Symbiote Scythes, Raging Tempest, and replaced Dormammu's Aid with Inferno
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    I think that Carnage powers reflect very well the comic book character's psychopathic & chaotic nature.

redflag.png Damages everyone but himself (psychopathic)
    greenflag.png Has a randomized effect that has the potential to be brutal (chaotic)

I think that overall the powers all combined together (including the alien aspect of blackflag.png) give a good representation of the character as a whole. The only thing missing that I would've included instead of the blackflag.png would be some type of regeneration which is a big part of the character in the comics.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted Anger and Immovable Object. Colossus' power definitely embodies Piotr's selfless and protective nature among the X-Men, and the way he jumps in front to take damage for his allies is a great representation. Anger kinda speaks for itself, although I think it ought to feed red instead of green. Cuz you know, Hulk smash.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I voted Anger and Trickery. Trickery, because it's so archetypically Loki for him to turn to a perceived advantage to overwhelming disadvantage via some convoluted plot. Anger, because we've all messed up before, and seen a board turn totally green, and go "Oh ****" while an angry Hulk smashes your team into itty bitty bits.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Classic Storm's Raging Tempest.

Much like Colossus's Immovable Object, this moves shows the true heart of Ororo. She's dedicated her entire life to Xavier's dream, which encompasses her team, her family, her school, and humanity in general. She would willingly (and has) sacrifice(d) herself for any loving spirit of any universe. She'd hurt you as she goes down, but down she'll gladly go.

BUT..........IF YOU LAY A FINGER ON ONE OF HER LOVED ONES AND ESPECIALLY ON ONE OF HER STUDENTS..........well, let's just say that she'll wreck you and everyone that you know.

icon_e_wink.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I am Groot is everything Groot in a nutshell and the animation is beautiful except from the right side of the screen.
  • Pretty much everything Carnage does.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    hulks anger needs to regenerate health( or add health, total health beyond max with added health added to current) and make strike tiles to be accurate
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I think Pheromone Rage from Daken, Call the Storm from Thor, All Tied Up from Spider-Man, these are all pretty representative of their comic counterparts.

Oh, and Whales. So much on Whales being Deadpool...
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Doom's Diabolical Plot. Secret plans that he can sabotage himself.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Heartburn wrote:
    hulks anger needs to regenerate health( or add health, total health beyond max with added health added to current) and make strike tiles to be accurate

100x this.
  • I don't see it in your poll, but off the top of my head Colossus' Fastball Special seems to me to be the most accurate skill - it's like his signature move. He was always chucking Wolverine at someone or something in the comics.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I think that the new 3* Bullseye is very accurate of his personality and skill set. On both of his active powers you get to choose exactly which tiles are effected representing his targeting skills and his passive black rewards him for taking down targets which represents his psychopathic mercenary personality.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also not on the poll, Carnage.. abilities with no regard to who gets hurt or to those around him are dead accurate for his personality.
  • Human Torch - Inferno. Sets the battlefield on fire irresponsibly, messing up his teammates.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Gotta be icon_colossus_new.pngblackflag.png Fastball Special.
    There can be no other answer.

(jk) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Carnage_78 wrote:
    I think that Carnage powers reflect very well the comic book character's psychopathic & chaotic nature.

redflag.png Damages everyone but himself (psychopathic)
    greenflag.png Has a randomized effect that has the potential to be brutal (chaotic)

I think that overall the powers all combined together (including the alien aspect of blackflag.png) give a good representation of the character as a whole. The only thing missing that I would've included instead of the blackflag.png would be some type of regeneration which is a big part of the character in the comics.

I may be wrong, but I believe Carnage does have increased regeneration. His health seems to really tick back quickly, I half joked because he enjoys killing my own roster -so- much.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The problem with Fastball Special is that he would NEVER throw anyone other than Logan at an enemy, since he doesn't really need to worry about being harmed. He's thrown Kitty a few times and maybe Rogue once, but they ALL fall under that same umbrella. And that's it (IIRC).

He'd never in a million years throw Ororo or Kurt, who he considers his siblings. OMG, and NEVER Charles!!!!! lmao

He's never thrown Cap or Squirrel Girl or Doom or Hulkbuster any of the other characters in the game. And he probably WOULD no. So................no, that's not really the most accurate move in the game, unless the third teammate dies and it's only he and Wolverine alive.

: adjusts glasses :