New PvP scoring question

action711
action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can someone explain to me, preferably D3, how I can get attacked and lose 59 points but only be offered 30 points to counter attack that team?

So you attack them and get some points back, then they attack you again and you lose another 50 odd points.

Surely this is just wrong....

And what is the tinykitty point of being given 1-5 points when winning an attack? I know they want to stop the "helping" each other thing, but that practise wasn't very profitable and they've punished everyone. It didn't have to be such a drastic reduction in points. If you can lose 50+ points for losing an attack surely you should gain more than 3 for surviving one.

Just doesn't add up.

Keep trying D3, you'll get perfect eventually icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    best advice would be,don't hit a retal worth less than 38.
  • Never fight anyone for 38 or fewer points -- you will be retal hit over and over again and never go anywhere. Usually you're better off skipping the retal and finding a different high value target.

If one person keeps hitting you the answer is simple... save your retal Q and on some other node find an alliance teammate or friend, or random person for that matter, and start a fight using the loaner feature character and your two lowest level heroes and dump points to them (retreat) to get your own score below the person who continues to hit you. Hit them from low points, rinse and repeat -- 2-4x usually does the trick.

Hopefully they will get the point and move on to another target and then you can resume your climb.
  • action711
    Thanks for the replies.

Tbh I generally leave retals alone, don't want to get into a war with someone, just move on.

What's the significance of 38 points?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    action711 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies.

Tbh I generally leave retals alone, don't want to get into a war with someone, just move on.

What's the significance of 38 points?

38 points is the value that means a person is at or near the same point total as you. If they are less than that, it means that they are lower than that in PVP and you will be worth more than 38 on the retal. If they are more than that, it means you are lower then them and it will probably not hit you back, since you will be less than 38.
  • action711
    I think I just had a little eureka moment. Massive thank you.