Bring Environmental Tiles back, in the Danger Room only!

ZommyGD
ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Team-ups are good; Environmental APs are also fun. Can we have both?

I have been a casual MPQ player since the launch edition.
I remember those environments which are the desert, the jungle, Latveria, and New York City. Some people in this forum still prefer them over Team-ups.

Me? I'm neutral.
But here's my idea of the Environmental Tiles and the Danger Room, a.k.a. SHIELD Simulator.

In the Danger Room you don't have Team-ups. Instead you can make the most of the circumstance to get an upper hand. For example, create a strike tile from your knowledge of the Latveria geography, or recover some energy and health from a delicious snack at the hot dog stand.

However, I think that it's underwhelming if the hot dog stand still recovers health by only 50. So, let the environmental APs scale in their power as in PVE nodes. So if you face an opponent with a level 94 team, hot dog stand should give a health boost of 200 or so.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I think abolish the team ups and bring back environments permanently!
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Why not have let us have both? Let us bring 2 team-up into a match and have the 3rd slot for an environmental attack ( it would probably have to be a pretty high cost like around 15-20 ap)
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it would be neat to be able to use Environmental Tiles in some kind of mode, but I don't know if Shield Sim is the place.

Maybe I'm a little bias, but most of the Environmental Abilities fell into one of two categories; amazingly broken or amazingly useless.

This leads me to believe that probably Environmental Tiles shouldn't be made available in anything that counts toward your Season Score.

I do, very much so, like the idea of having a playground for the old Enviro Tiles.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I have thought this since the day the implemented them, team-ups are a minor AI cheat. I find them to be not so different from having an ace up your sleeve while playing poker, excuse me, 3 aces. Just fought a team comprised of level 70 OBW/ level 94 mmags/level 94 thor and a level 144 Righteous Uppercut as a team up. How many of us had our LC yellow covered before OBW?
    This certainly isn't a common occurance but, it is certainly not rare either. Also, team-ups have slowed the game. There is the getting it, choosing it, firing it, asking for it from your alliance teammates, the deciding which to send to alliance teammates, etc.....In my opinion, best use for team-ups is, ignore them as long as possible and the use CMags Polarizing Force to wipe them all out. I just wish it wiped them out for the rest of the match.
    What gain would be sorely missed if team-ups suddenly went away? That's the test of somethings worth, would you miss it?
    In short, I'm not a big fan of the team-up but, not worth the effort to picket against.
  • Let's not forget how insanely overpriced they were too. 35-50 AP just for the weak versions and 100-200 AP for the strong ones. Can you even imagine fighting long enough to get 200 AP of any kind these days? I never once had enough to use one of those even back in the old days.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Let's not forget how insanely overpriced they were too. 35-50 AP just for the weak versions and 100-200 AP for the strong ones. Can you even imagine fighting long enough to get 200 AP of any kind these days? I never once had enough to use one of those even back in the old days.
    Yes, but matching an environment tile would earn you 3 or 4 AP, where a TU tile is worth 1 AP. Plus crit tiles would boost environment AP gain but now only boost damage from TU tiles. Really, the only way to fire off those 2nd tier environment powers was to use crit tiles to match them. But it was not much of a problem since the old cMags was around. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Funny, I was just thinking a couple of days ago how I missed the environment tiles. It's annoying to dominate a fight against thugs/minions but then suddenly have them hit you with a team-up for a bunch of damage.