Sergei Kravinoff: Kraven The Hunter

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited June 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Kraven's a man with a grudge. He was a king of the hunt when hunting in Africa was something that garnered respect. But he was an addict. And what I never understood was whether he wanted his ego padded, or if he was the one padding his own ego. This is the lunatic, hell-bent on killing Spider-Man.

9850 HPs.
001a.jpg

redflag.png Bait the prey. Passive
2359277_506179_ts_kraven1_super_1__by_thetruth40-d8t1cqc.jpg
Kraven' studies the enemy, discerning their weaknesses. Whenever the enemy matches a purpletile.png tile, Kraven places a trap.png tile. Deal 250 damage to the enemy when the trap is sprung. At max level, deal 450 per trap.
Rank 2. Also spawn a trap.png on bluetile.png match.
Rank 3. Also spawn a trap.png on greentile.png match.
Rank 4. :trap count to 2 whenever enemy colors as matched.
Rank 5. trap.png count to 3 whenever enemy colors are matched.

yellowflag.png Put the target down. 9 AP.
159519-60418-kraven-the-hunter.jpg
Kraven targets his enemy with a tranquilizer rifle and fires a shot, stunning them and poisoning the intended target. Stun the enemy one turn and generate an attack.png tile of strength 125. If there are 5 or more trap.png tiles are in play, strike tile strength is doubled.
Rank 2. generate two attack.png tiles of strength 125.
Rank 3. stun duration increased to 2 turns.
Rank 4. generate three attack.png tiles of strength 200.
Rank 5. generate four strike tiles.

blackflag.png Claim your trophy 10 AP.
1974686-1730761_1300632143.jpg
Kraven uses his spear to impale the enemy, dealing 500 damage plus 100 for every attack.png tile in play.
Rank 2. Damage up to 600.
Rank 3. Damage to 900 plus 150 per attack.png tile.
Rank 4. Damage to 1600 plus 200 per attack.png tile.
Rank 5. Damage to 2500 plus 250 per attack.png tile.

Alternate abilities. GSBW - like big gun attack. Jealous hunter - if ANY one is downed in the fight by someone other than Kraven, his competitive rage is fueled. Generate strike tiles similar to Bullseye's Contract Killer or possibly even a strengthening of his existing attack, trap, or strike tiles. And this would be really just his ego getting the better of himself. It might even have a Torch-like AP drain.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forget alternate abilities, the mechanics on this one are very nice.. Those trap.png are they put onto a specific color, or just randomly placed? Maybe add a tiny bit of self damage if he springs his own trap (he needs a small drawback somewhere lol).

Question on the blackflag.png

Does it matter who made the attack.png ? If you team with IF as a black generator, then you could easily use Hailstorm then Claim your Trophy, doing enough damage to 1 shot a 4* (which is fine, Doom can do it, but takes loads of time to build with his traps).. so yes, it would take time to gain enough AP and you may lose someone.

I really like this moveset!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Forget alternate abilities, the mechanics on this one are very nice.. Those trap.png are they put onto a specific color, or just randomly placed? Maybe add a tiny bit of self damage if he springs his own trap (he needs a small drawback somewhere lol).

Does it matter who made the attack.png ? If you team with IF as a black generator, then you could easily use Hailstorm then Claim your Trophy, doing enough damage to 1 shot a 4* (which is fine, Doom can do it, but takes loads of time to build with his traps).. so yes, it would take time to gain enough AP and you may lose someone.

I think it should be color specific, similar to psylocke's red. Its cost can be reduced by Blade's Green or Daken's purple passive.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I think it should be color specific, similar to psylocke's red. Its cost can be reduced by Blade's Green or Daken's purple passive.

Even color specific, it works. It would make it similar to Doom's traps. Get enough of them out there, then BAM
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would pay cold hard cash for an alternative Kraven skin based on the definitive Kraven comic:

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=324