would you support Loaner covers?

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
What i mean by that is on the Ess nodes of the PVE. You would pay 25 HP to get a loaner of that cover so you could play that nod. You would only be able to use that cover in that ess. and it would be for say 4-8 hours with no cool down (meaning you could loan them out but would have to pay every xxx hours)

This would sort of kill 2 birds with one stone. People who could not get the cover could still play the nods if they wanted to at a little cost to them, and it would also Allow people to play the nods that require the 2 star without having to pay for a slot for them.

The people who EARN them would still see a benifit since they would be able to use the covers in all of the nods (and would not have to pay the 25HP for the loaner)

Could be a new way for D3 to make some cash now that they upped the health to 10 packs (im sure not many are buying health packs anymore)

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally, no. But if they did offer it, I could see some people finding that useful... though I would hope that it would last for the entire sub.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Personally, no. But if they did offer it, I could see some people finding that useful... though I would hope that it would last for the entire sub.

what would people be wiling to pay though if they did say

Buy this loaner for the entire event.. i think most would find 25Hp per cycle a good price (just grind that nod-yes you dont get full pts but you get some.

Also if it was for the entire event say they asked 500 or 600 many would laugh at that saying for that price i could Buy a slot and hope to win the cover at some time. Though it would give others a chance to grind for the top 10 and get the bigger prizes so that would offset some of the cost... Bored and was just thinking to myself about it
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    No, I wouldn't support this because the value of having a good strong roster has been eroded enough. I would support being guaranteed a cover earlier in a PvP event though. Takes 800 points now, how about making that a 500 or 750 point reward? Also, PvPs should be on a rotation like DDQ. I can't honestly remember the last time there was a Black Panther, Magneto or Iron Fist PvP. I don't even remember what they were called it's been so long. The RNG sure favors stinkers like Doc Ock, Beast and Mohawk.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    What i mean by that is on the Ess nodes of the PVE. You would pay 25 HP to get a loaner of that cover so you could play that nod. You would only be able to use that cover in that ess. and it would be for say 4-8 hours with no cool down (meaning you could loan them out but would have to pay every xxx hours)

This would sort of kill 2 birds with one stone. People who could not get the cover could still play the nods if they wanted to at a little cost to them, and it would also Allow people to play the nods that require the 2 star without having to pay for a slot for them.

The people who EARN them would still see a benifit since they would be able to use the covers in all of the nods (and would not have to pay the 25HP for the loaner)

Could be a new way for D3 to make some cash now that they upped the health to 10 packs (im sure not many are buying health packs anymore)

It's a decent idea especially if we do not have to purchase a roster slot. Maybe pay 25HP for the entire sub event instead of a few hours.

I don't mind the 3* essentials cause I have everyone but Doc Ock (I refuse!) but the 2* essentials are pointless if they have a better 3* counterpart (Thor, Cap, Torch, Daken) and 4*s are difficult to earn for most players.

Interested to hear others thoughts.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    Also, PvPs should be on a rotation like DDQ. I can't honestly remember the last time there was a Black Panther, Magneto or Iron Fist PvP. I don't even remember what they were called it's been so long. The RNG sure favors stinkers like Doc Ock, Beast and Mohawk.
    totally agree here. non-ddq time this weekend is being spent on beast and dr ock. panther I think the most recent of that bunch (2-3 seasons ago?), but fist, cage, mags, Cyclops, patch - those have been a looooong time....
  • No(oooooooo 10 character limit)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say no. Having a 4* as an essential is part of the reward for busting your **** to acquire it.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    The amount would have to come out to be about 125 HP per PVE for a 2*, 250 HP per PVE for a 3*, and about 500HP per PVE for a 4* probably for MPQ to be interested in such as feature. It's an interesting concept for sure. However, if tokens are a primary source of revenue for MPQ, it would take a lot to persuade them to consider it.

Basically, it's not a gimme (get out of jail free pass) for players missing the essential characters, it's not overly prohibitive if a player really wanted to pursue the covers in that pve, and most importantly I think it might be high enough that it is acceptable to the bean counters. In reality, I do not think there will be a change, or I think the amounts (especially for the 4*) would be double what I guessed.

P.S. Nice post by OP. Getting better. Now, if only you had put it in the Suggestions section. Baby steps I guess.
  • It'd be better to have a loaner Ultron or Gorgon if they're going to charge you significant amount of HP for this stuff. If it's going to be P2W, might as well let us play with some characters we normally can't have. Or better yet, perhaps we can finally join up with the all-powerful Maggia Muscle.
  • they wouldn't go for it. You used to be able to buy a cover pack and get the character, alas no more
  • For HP?

No.

DBC
  • For HP?

No.

DBC

Yea, pretty much no. Any amount of imcoin.png is not worth the "rental" for a single clear. I mean, for 1,000 HP you can just dedicate a roster slot to "flavor of the week" 2*, then 40 rentals from now you would break even.

I've always been of the opinion every "essential" node should be like PvP, where they flat give you a 1 cover version, or you can bring your own. Never understood why PvE was so "oh you lost the last one? Guess you can't win this one either. Bwahahaha".
  • I would just buy them a sandwich because otherwise who knows, they'll probably just spend the money on booze and drugs.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    No. The essential nodes are a benefit to those people collecting all the characters and to thise playing event to event, earning the next set. If you don't want to, fine, but why should you get cheap points?
  • Azoic wrote:
    No. The essential nodes are a benefit to those people collecting all the characters and to thise playing event to event, earning the next set. If you don't want to, fine, but why should you get cheap points?
    it benefits d3, not the player. Like a school loan *shudder* icon_evil.gif
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Azoic wrote:

It used to work like that. Place well and in the next event you were rewarded with extra points from the essential node. Sorta worked in that vets got rewarded for investing in the game and there was an achievable entry point for newer players who could progress from T150 to T50 and thus get a chip at the table so to speak.

Unfortunately that's been binned now and only T2 can guarantee you a full hand in the next game. Unless you already have the 4star which even a roster of 50 plus does not guarantee.

Still weary of hired essentials. PvP already is a game of pay to win.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    No, I wouldn't support this because the value of having a good strong roster has been eroded enough. I would support being guaranteed a cover earlier in a PvP event though. Takes 800 points now, how about making that a 500 or 750 point reward? Also, PvPs should be on a rotation like DDQ. I can't honestly remember the last time there was a Black Panther, Magneto or Iron Fist PvP. I don't even remember what they were called it's been so long. The RNG sure favors stinkers like Doc Ock, Beast and Mohawk.
    Bp and magneto have had events in the last few seasons im fairly sure.iron fist has only had the one on his release
  • Azoic wrote:
    If you have the essential you will pay nothing, if you don't you better have some hp to spare. I can't see the downside of a deeper roster here.