Healing

Merrick
Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
I am glad D3 gave us extra health packs. But I would rather have seen a universal healing rate based on a percentage of health (except for those characters with fast healing). Meaning that your level 94 Hood and your level 166 Steve Rogers would both be fully healed from dead in the same amount of time.

Comments

• Merrick wrote:
    I am glad D3 gave us extra health packs. But I would rather have seen a universal healing rate based on a percentage of health (except for those characters with fast healing). Meaning that your level 94 Hood and your level 166 Steve Rogers would both be fully healed from dead in the same amount of time.

This is a good idea. I did notice when characters are boosted in events that it takes longer for them to heal fully.
  • It is not possible to construct a system that gives each character a fixed healing rate, be it in health/time or percent health/time that would guarantee all members of a team will heal to full simultaneously, because characters can always take different amounts of damage in battle. The suggestion as posted therefore requires the introduction of variable healing rates, but that is likely to cause great confusion among the player base and be very difficult to balance.
    MrGame004 wrote:
    I did notice when characters are boosted in events that it takes longer for them to heal fully.
    Healing rates are fixed at certain health/time values and applied to a character's base health before being scaled up, so boosting should have no effect on the displayed healing time. You should be able to confirm this yourself by checking a characters healing time in a boosted event and outside of it (e.g. in the Prologue). If you notice any difference between the two, please take screenshots and report it in the bug forum.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Obviously you did not understand my suggestion.

If Hood is dead, & Captain America only took 50 points of damage, they will obviously not take the same amount of time to heal. - Captain will be full before Hood is even to 1 HP.

But if they both die, they should.

There should not be a penalty for the fact that some characters have more health than others.
  • My mistake then. If you intend to keep the current revival times in place, then what you are asking for is effectively a healing system that restores a fixed percentage of health over time. What percentage of health do you think characters should heal over time then? Keep in mind no matter what number you specify, it will be nerf or boost to a substantial number of characters. Allowing Captain America to heal fully in the same time as Hood would nearly double his current healing rate for example.

Perhaps the more pertinent question then is why do you want Captain America and Hood to both heal fully within the same time frame? MPQ is already quite generous with the dispensation of health packs, even before the health pack limit was doubled. Why don't you just use a health pack on Captain America if he's still wounded when you wish to deploy him? He probably fought much harder than the Hood before going down anyway, so it's not inconceivable that it would take him some more time to recover. If the problem is you are still running out of health packs, then consider the following point first.

Unlike many free-to-play games with energy gate systems that uniformly limits play time for all players, MPQ rewards skillful play by allowing players who take less damage to play more battles. There are already many systems in game that can be seen as punishing skillful players (e.g. PvE scaling). Is it worth further eroding the rewards for skillful play in order to have Captain America and the Hood heal to full at the same time?