Steam users - DLC is part of the summer sale.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest - S.H.I.E.L.D. New Recruit Pack
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265130/
600 Hero Points and 3,200 Iso-8 to build the ultimate team of Marvel Super Heroes!
Originally £6.99 now 50% off at £3.49

Marvel Puzzle Quest - Avengers’ Battle Kit
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2
H.A.M.M.E.R. is on the move and it’s up to you to stop them! Create a team of powerful heroes and villains and train them to take on the new threat! 2,900 Hero Points - Recruit powerful Heroic and Featured characters, purchase health packs to continue the fight, and train your characters Powers to maximize their Abilities. 13,200 Iso-8 - Recruit Standard characters, purchase boosts to take down powerful enemies, and increase your characters’ levels to bring out their maximum potential.
Originally £29.99 now 50% off at £14.99

Marvel Puzzle Quest - Nick Fury’s Doomsday Plan
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265132/
8,500 Hero Points and 37,500 Iso-8 to build the ultimate team of Marvel Super Heroes!
Originally £75.99 now 66% off at £25.83

Not sure if these will ever hit a daily deal, I somewhat doubt it but you never know.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least in the US, the first two basically amount to 'buy Hero Points at regular price, get free ISO.' Which, hey.

The third one, for $33.99, is an actual discount over the normal $49.99 price for 2900 Hero Points, and has ISO included as well. If you're going to buy any of the DLC, that's probably the way to go. It's an actual discount on the cost of the HP, where the others are the same cost but have extra consumables.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I never check out the DLC on Steam because I forget it's there. Thanks for the heads up. I am debating buying the Fury Doomsday Plan. It'll be the first time I've made a purchase since like Season 2.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    if the 33 buck one was 25 might of grabbed it . then again 8500 pts isnt much

Seems its on sale until JUNE 22 so no rush

ALSO what would you spend them on. if the survey they ask something about doing away with buying covers. So why risk buying covers in 2 to 3 seasons they are going to change it. if i could get 10 slots maybe lets see

starting at 61

could by me 10 slots and 100 HP left
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Maaaaaan......I hope something like this comes to Android / Google Play Store.

:+/

Speaking of which, I wonder if I'd be allowed to make a thread on "Goggle Play / iTunes Cards Sales Thread"?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    At least in the US, the first two basically amount to 'buy Hero Points at regular price, get free ISO.' Which, hey.

The third one, for $33.99, is an actual discount over the normal $49.99 price for 2900 Hero Points, and has ISO included as well. If you're going to buy any of the DLC, that's probably the way to go. It's an actual discount on the cost of the HP, where the others are the same cost but have extra consumables.

Yeah, having compared myself I realised that's pretty much how it works. Not even a lot of ISO either.

But the final one, which I bought when the game came out because they put it on offer for 75% off, is worth the price. The equivilent in-game in terms of HP costs £10 more and wouldn't come with the 37,500 ISO either.

Also...8500 isn't much? I sit on about 6,500 most of the time and keep it to unlock roster slots. I dunno, never feel right buying covers. I mostly use it for roster slots and the occasional token if I'm feeling whimisical.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Nice catch! I'm sitting at 500 hp right now, and will need to get more hp this week. The sale came at a great time for me personally, after paying 1k hp for carnage. icon_cool.gif
  • for anyone playing on iOS they have $100 store credit on sale for $70

http://www.passwird.com/deals/557a2f954 ... -card-mall
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also...8500 isn't much?

Depends on how you play and how long you've been playing! I don't ever buy covers, either, which is a thing that would eat into HP quickly. If all you do with it is buy roster slots, well, we know 8500 is (or soon will be) absolute worst-case 8 roster spots, with some left over. Even if they release a new character every week, if roster slots are the ONLY thing you spend HP on, that's a two-month supply and then some. The less frequent the release, the longer you can stretch 8500. And, of course, if you're a brand-spanking new player, that'll take you clear through to 37 roster spots before you ever earn your first HP from missions, PVP, PVE, whatever. Of course, that's at the low end.

Moving up a tier, I historically haven't used shields in PVP, but my recent ability to score decently and place high enough to get a couple 3* covers has led me to relent and shield at the end of an event if I've been able to acquire at least two HP progression rewards. That way it's either a net 25 HP cost or a net 25-50 bonus. So if you're in a situation like that, where you use HP *mainly* for roster spots but will shell out for one shield in a PVP under the right circumstances, the specific nature of those circumstances will dictate how much more (or less) than that 8500 you're going to spend on other gameplay facets. Are you shielding 3h before the end of an event? 8h before? A whole day before? The longer you shield, the more it costs. Obviously. But if you're able to pick your slice so that you're in front of the phone/computer as it approaches its end, that will help you mitigate non-roster-slot HP costs.

If you chase 1000 points and T10 (or higher) finishes in PVP, maybe you're a shield-hopper, and that will eat through HP even faster because you don't really have the opportunity to earn enough HP from an event to pay for a 3h, 8h and possibly even a 24h shield.

If you're in THAT group, 8500 definitely isn't much.

But if you're either a new player, a non-PVP'er, or you limit yourself to just a single shield per PVP event, 8900 is probably going to get you at least 8 roster slots, assuming you have the characters to fill them.
  • TLCstormz
    for anyone playing on iOS they have $100 store credit on sale for $70

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Anyone know of any Android or Goggle Play sales?

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    i have $100 google play credit waiting on a hero points sale
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

I'm assuming you mean a discount on the price for 8500HP. Works out to 2720HP free, plus the Iso. Decent deal if you have money to burn, and/or if you wanted to buy a couple 3* covers.

Not sure I'll pull the trigger, but I'm certainly thinking about it. If you buy Steam cards with a Target red card, that's another 5% off on top of it. (5% applies to apple/google cards too)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

I'm assuming you mean a discount on the price for 8500HP. Works out to 2720HP free, plus the Iso. Decent deal if you have money to burn, and/or if you wanted to buy a couple 3* covers.

Not sure I'll pull the trigger, but I'm certainly thinking about it. If you buy Steam cards with a Target red card, that's another 5% off on top of it. (5% applies to apple/google cards too)

I saw this not on Steam (where I did look, but missed this sale), but from the OP. And for the first time in forever (well, since true healing, that could be another princess song) I bit the bullet and picked this one up.

Not for the 3* covers - for two (could have been three) HB covers. And that because I had a bunch of HB covers, so it was a way to finish it off. Hear that devs? That's how you got me to spend - you got me -close- to covering a powerful character, but I knew it would be awhile to see it again as a PVP reward (or season reward). Spread these around but actually give them out.

Can't be buying the carnage covers, don't have them! icon_e_smile.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    puppychow wrote:
    Nice catch! I'm sitting at 500 hp right now, and will need to get more hp this week. The sale came at a great time for me personally, after paying 1k hp for carnage. icon_cool.gif

I just bought the Fury package from steam. I tried buying it again, to see if I could do so or not. And it turns out i CANNOT make the purchase for myself, b/c the item is categorized as DLC and you're allowed only one Fury DLC per steam account. Just a bit of warning.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

Google play does not do sales.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    It's a bit strange that Steam considers these packs as DLC that can only be bought once each.
    I already bought the new recruit pack and the avenger's battle kit more than a year ago when I started the game.

Now I can buy only the doomsday plan - the more expensive - and even with a 66% discount I'm not sure. But I can't even buy an Avenger's kit each year... maybe they didn't believe that this game would live more than a year icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

They usually have some bundled with google products. If you really want to be crafty when they offer something like $50 play credit with a nexus tablet purchase, you can buy the tablet and return it and the credit will stay. Speaking from unintentional experiences lol.

Also they seem to give $25 a lot to people for buying chrome cast
  • steam users get something exclusive? wait until the iphone users here about this....
  • TLCstormz
    Malcrof wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Their CARDS do, though. ;+D