S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator placement rewards

OnyxSnake
OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
How do I see what placement reward I get? I can see the progress rewards but not placement.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can't see them because there are none.
  • OnyxSnake
    Thanks.
    Why even have placements then.
    Oh well.
  • stochasticism
    Apparently, the way events are coded you have to have a leaderboard even if there are no rewards and no benefit to finishing in a given position. That's why it exists here, in Ultron, in DDQ, and in The Gauntlet where it is all meaningless (except for that one silly run of The Gauntlet where they gave 10 packs to the first 10 people through).
  • OnyxSnake
    That makes sense. I just thought since alliances could win a 4* that individuals might get something other than the season rewards.
    Not complaining just curious.
    Cheers.
  • stochasticism
    Hopefully this will all change with the revamp to The Simulator rewards for the next season.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Apparently, the way events are coded you have to have a leaderboard even if there are no rewards and no benefit to finishing in a given position. That's why it exists here, in Ultron, in DDQ, and in The Gauntlet where it is all meaningless (except for that one silly run of The Gauntlet where they gave 10 packs to the first 10 people through).

Yep. It's doubly silly, because the reason we can't have scrollable leaderboards in the other events is because of server load... Surely the servers would have significantly *less* load is leaderboards weren't calculated in events where it doesn't make any sense (I'm looking at you, DDQ)!