Time: 1961 Place: Space

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
That's so cryptic. I mean it would be fantastic if they didn't drop these grimm clues with descriptions no-one could possible figure out. You'd have to be some kind of science genius to understand half of these clues. I swear, thinking about it is turning my hair grey.

Still, a new character? That rocks.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    1961 FF introduced the Skrull
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    That's so cryptic. I mean it would be fantastic if they didn't drop these grimm clues with descriptions no-one could possible figure out. You'd have to be some kind of science genius to understand half of these clues. I swear, thinking about it is turning my hair grey.

Aren't you stretching the truth a little bit here? Although I agree that a new character would be fantastic.
  • Malcrof
    evil panda wrote:

Aren't you stretching the truth a little bit here? Although I agree that a new character would be fantastic.

just noticed "grimm" clues...
  • Malcrof wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

just noticed "grimm" clues...

Sometimes you have to reed between the lines. I know that's what I've ben doing...
  • off the beaten path - let's throw Fin Fang Foom out there.

If you can even pick him up - he's sorta... big....

• Still, a new character? That rocks.

Still, a new PvE ? That doesn't rock.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    evil panda wrote:

4* Punisher confirmed?
  • Malcrof
    Actually in 1961 Yuri Gagarin became the first man in space... so maybe it is... YURI!!!

http://marvel.wikia.com/Yuri_Topolov_%28Earth-616%29
  • Fantastic Four #1 debuted in November 1961. The team got their powers from a space mission gone wrong in that issue. That was the only FF issue published in 1961. It's going to be someone from the FF for sure, and since we've already got Johnny & Sue Storm, it's likely to be Ben Grimm or Reed Richards.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fantastic Four #1 debuted in November 1961. The team got their powers from a space mission gone wrong in that issue. That was the only FF issue published in 1961. It's going to be someone from the FF for sure, and since we've already got Johnny & Sue Storm, it's likely to be Ben Grimm or Reed Richards.

While that's true, it also drains all the fun out of my post =)
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Look, here's the thing. Everytime I reed these things, I remember the time I got torched before... Not once, but twice. Even one that was supposed to be legendary, just kinda vanished. That's three times getting caught in the storm. It's just too early to get excited, so sue me.
  • Malcrof
    Look, here's the thing. Everytime I reed these things, I remember the time I got torched before... Not once, but twice. Even one that was supposed to be legendary, just kinda vanished. That's three times getting caught in the storm. It's just too early to get excited, so sue me.

We could expand on that some, but nothing we speculate will be rock solid.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    lol all these post are great. i have no time to clobber any of these post, i'll just be getting back to the lab...
  • Fantastic Four #1 debuted in November 1961. The team got their powers from a space mission gone wrong in that issue. That was the only FF issue published in 1961. It's going to be someone from the FF for sure, and since we've already got Johnny & Sue Storm, it's likely to be Ben Grimm or Reed Richards.

It's also not technically true. Fantastic Four #2 had a cover date of January 1962, but was actually published in 1961.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Fantastic Four #1 debuted in November 1961. The team got their powers from a space mission gone wrong in that issue. That was the only FF issue published in 1961. It's going to be someone from the FF for sure, and since we've already got Johnny & Sue Storm, it's likely to be Ben Grimm or Reed Richards.

It's also not technically true. Fantastic Four #2 had a cover date of January 1962, but was actually published in 1961.
    True and that issue was the Skrulls! (From Space)
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I really don't think it's a DIRECTLY related F4 character.....
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Laika the Cosmodog!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    If they do Super Skrull, that'd be cool. But they just dropped a 4* villain and this guy is clearly a 4*. I mean, the dude solos the FF and whips them.

So while I'd like a Super Skrull, it'd be watered down if it was a 3* version.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

No, I think it's just turning the hair on your temples grey. . .

And unless marvel feels like they can make absolutely zero money off of a successful fantastic 4 movie, I would expect a a FF character to show up in the game pretty soon.

And yay. another new character. just what we needed. . .
  • Fascinating conversation. There are actually people who read that clue and didn't automatically think, "Reed Richards"?

There's a 90% chance that's a Reed Richards clue. A Thing clue would be about clobberin' or something. Skrulls would be a new kind of mook.

Fin Fang Foom would get a clue like, "Our newest character will put you in his pants."

But you're right. Real life cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin will be our next 4*.