Community scaling off in Prodigal Sun and Oscorp Heroic

lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
link goes to reddit
Hi, everybody,
Will here from Demiurge to talk about an upcoming test we're running.
Most Story events use a system where the difficulty of missions is adjusted based on how the community is faring against them. If they’re harder than expected, they’ll get easier over the course of the event, and if they’re easier than expected, they’ll get harder.
As we announced in our June Q&A video, we’re experimenting with turning off that system. We’ll run that test with the Prodigal Sun event starting June 11th and the Oscorp: Heroic event starting June 22nd.
We’re running the test in two events in order to understand how the change affects both long and short events, and both events with a restricted roster and events without one. Neither of these events will award a new character.
The other major piece of the difficulty adjustment system, where mission difficulty is adjusted so that events are playable whether you’re a highly experienced player or a newer one, is unchanged during this test. We’re considering changes to that system separately.
We’d love your feedback on your experience during the test! Please drop us a line at marvelpuzzlequest-feedback@demiurgestudios.com.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking forward to starting Prodigal Sun to see how it looks. Will this be the place where we should come to complain that we still have lv350 opponents?
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I find it odd that Will posted that to Reddit but not to this forum. I only rarely check that site for MPQ news.
    Knowing which events that community scaling will be turned off is kind of important to provide good feedback.
    Seems a bit....strange really.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds good. I look forward to seeing what Thunderbolts Mountain will look like at the end.

I was also looking forward to seeing how the event plays out with only one sub event now. No more Hell's Kitchen with that awful sniper squad? No more level 260 Daredevil with two minions?

I remember last year sscaling was turned off for half an event and it was kinda fun just plowing through the enemies. Far too easy, of course, but I'm sure with the right balance it could still be fun.

I'm in two minds about not including a new character. On the one side if it all goes to hell people aren't screwed out of the newbie. On the other hand, there could be less competition overall if the reward is something most people have or simply don't care about and that could scew the results. For Heroic Oscorpe you should have Black Panther' blackflag.png as the top 150 placement reward. That'll get people fighting.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    so anyone start it yet i wont still till late friday or sat