Bonus draw rate on Carnage

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Wow, the advertised bonus draw rate is 1% for Carnage. Oh thank you most benevolent overlords for the incredible .7% increase!

icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Wow, the advertised bonus draw rate is 1% for Carnage. Oh thank you most benevolent overlords for the incredible .7% increase!

icon_rolleyes.gif

This is normal for a 4* featured.. nothing unusual at all.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Will Demon Hunter X ask for a refund now? icon_twisted.gif

(FYI This Spartan Army dude's got a max 535 Carnage---during Iso Brotherhood event icon_e_surprised.gificon_lol.gif )
  • firethorne
    Malcrof wrote:

That's my point. They're using a big popup promoting a bonus draw rate on a rate that is not really a bonus.
  • puppychow
    It's called M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G. icon_cool.gif

Add: the goal of marketing is to: a) create awareness for a product, b) influence how the point is viewed by consumers. The bonus draw rate is a perfect example of the second objective. Careful consumers like yourself will look at the fine print and notice that going from 0.3% draw to 1% isn't much of an increase in a player's chance of pulling a Carnage cover. However, a marketer would spin this as THREE TIMES THE NORMAL DRAW RATE!!! icon_lol.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    firethorne wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

That's my point. They're using a big popup promoting a bonus draw rate on a rate that is not really a bonus.

Isn't that a 330% increase in drop rate? an extra .7% from .3% sounds like a bonus to me... even if overall it isn't that great of a drop rate.

Truth in Marketing: We've increased the drop rate from super sucky to just sucky for Carnage!
  • puppychow wrote:
    It's called AWFUL M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G. icon_cool.gif
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    It's actually a huge increase in the cumulative probability for a 42 pack.

Not that this fact would affect me in any way icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • firethorne
    evil panda wrote:

The 1% chance is only on the single & ten pack. 42's get just 0.5%. Why would they go and do something logical like giving their best customers the better rate, or at the very least the same rate as everybody else? That isn't how D3 rolls. icon_twisted.gif
  • Malcrof
    firethorne wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

The 1% chance is only on the single & ten pack. 42's get just 0.5%. Why would they go and do something logical like giving their best customers the better rate, or at the very least the same rate as everybody else? That isn't how D3 rolls. icon_twisted.gif

i just checked, you read it backwards, column 1 is the 42 pack, column 3 is the single token. 1% for 10 and 42
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    When Prof X, Kingpin, and Hulkbuster were featured, they had a 5.5% draw rate. I spent $200-$300 each time just to get at least one of each color. I probably would have done the same for Carnage, but with 1% draw, no way.

I'm desperately trying to stay in the top 50 PvE for Carnage. I only slept for 3.5 hours a few nights this week because of this event. My only problem is that I've run the nodes dry to under 100-200 points each, I am not sure if I have screwed up the point refresh for the rest of the day.

I don't think Carnage should have to be this limited. My alliance is only top 100 when the reward is an old character. We fall short otherwise, so I can't even count on that.
  • Malcrof
    When Prof X, Kingpin, and Hulkbuster were featured, they had a 5.5% draw rate. I spent $200-$300 each time just to get at least one of each color. I probably would have done the same for Carnage, but with 1% draw, no way.

I'm desperately trying to stay in the top 50 PvE for Carnage. I only slept for 3.5 hours a few nights this week because of this event. My only problem is that I've run the nodes dry to under 100-200 points each, I am not sure if I have screwed up the point refresh for the rest of the day.

I don't think Carnage should have to be this limited. My alliance is only top 100 when the reward is an old character. We fall short otherwise, so I can't even count on that.

The 5.5%'s if i remember correctly, are for their PVP's, not the first essential PVE after release.

I may be wrong.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    When Prof X, Kingpin, and Hulkbuster were featured, they had a 5.5% draw rate. I spent $200-$300 each time...
    And it worked??
  • firethorne
    Malcrof wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    evil panda wrote:

i just checked, you read it backwards, column 1 is the 42 pack, column 3 is the single token. 1% for 10 and 42

Yep, my bad.. The percentage columns are in reverse order from the buy buttons. So, the bonus for the most affordable option is .2%, and .7% for the packs.
  • puppychow
    JVReal wrote:
    Truth in Marketing: We've increased the drop rate from super sucky to just sucky for Carnage!

Wait. . . 1% draw qualifies as "sucky?" I think you meant "lousy." icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    puppychow wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Wait. . . 1% draw qualifies as "sucky?" I think you meant "lousy." icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
    "sucky" as in "HP Suck-y"?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

The 5.5%'s if i remember correctly, are for their PVP's, not the first essential PVE after release.

I may be wrong.

Almost sure this is the case.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Jathro wrote:
    When Prof X, Kingpin, and Hulkbuster were featured, they had a 5.5% draw rate. I spent $200-$300 each time...
    And it worked??

Yeah ... I am not happy with myself. The prices are between 5x-10x higher than what I'm actually comfortable with. With a 5.5% draw, you should get 2.3 covers per 42 pack. So you should get about 4-5 covers from two 42 packs. But half the time, a 3rd 42 pack is needed for a missing color. You end up with about 7 covers. For Prof X and Kingpin, they were 4/1/2 and 3/1/3.

So the rest of you guys are saying that the 5.5% draw rate is coming in the next PvP event. Okay.
    I'm also hoarding tokens until Carnage is listed in the Heroic list.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Isn't that a 330% increase in drop rate? an extra .7% from .3% sounds like a bonus to me... even if overall it isn't that great of a drop rate.

Truth in math. Or maybe it is just my math.
    Let's say you increase something by 100%. For example the number 3 if increased 100% you get the number 6. In my math I use the formula N +% of N = increase. Is 9 a 200% increase of 3? It is in my math. So to increase from 3 to 10 it is a 233% increase in my math.
    It is not a 330% increase.