Can we talk about the survey a bit?

I wrote a nice long post in the survey that got sent out regarding purchasing character covers and whatnot, but the simple truth is that stuff is way too expensive to justify it for most average players at this point.

How I took it was that they are either looking at removing purchasing covers entirely or at the very least adjusting costs. I'm definitely in favour of adjusting costs, I don't care if they remove it entirely, because it's not something I will ever use as it stands now. Requiring you to have a cover in every ability for a character off the bat + $10(in HP) for 1/13th of a single character is absurd. The fact that you can literally spend $20 and get NOTHING useful is also just a straight up cash grab. Unless season based 10 packs are weighted differently from purchased 10 packs, the last 2 seasons combined net me a total of 2 covers for 3*s.

With that in mind, I'm wondering what other people would consider a fair and enticing system for purchasing abilities or characters.

I believe that tokens should be redeemable on a per character basis instead of an ability, for example, if you get a token for Loki you can redeem it for any 1 ability. I've been trying to transition to a solid 3* team for ages now, and nothing in the game is more frustrating than pulling a duplicate ability for a character that has 1 maxed ability, across a roster that has a total of 5 maxed abilities.

On the subject of "Would you recommend MPQ to your friends?" I have to say, as it stands now... No.

There's obviously things happening with the dev team constantly, but I can never really say what, until a patch comes out and the patch notes reveal where all the effort has gone. PvE is still a big part of the game, but the last PvE event before Ultron was released 4 months before that. Every new character doesn't necessarily require a whole event dedicated to them specifically, but it would be nice to see a little more effort put towards it.

There always seems to be very VERY little work done towards balancing characters out, to the point that there's only really the occasional overhauls done. Too many characters are being completely left behind by new/reworked characters, and a lot of kits that are generally just mediocre across the board that just need a bit of a bump or a slight alteration to make them great in most situations. With the ultimate goal being roster diversity, it seems ludicrous that so many existing characters, that people have invested in or could invest in are being left as mediocre to just plain bad. It just seems like almost every solution to a problem has been done in a backwards or roundabout manner and makes everything feel really disjointed and a whole lot more aggravating than need be. Every character should be looked at weekly or monthly and adjusted, but that only seems happens annually.

Too many things just make the game sound like a cheap cash grab from the outside and it's hard to recommend a game to someone that can require up to 40 hours a week in order to be competitive, especially given the fact that skill is becoming less and less of a determining factor in the game. PvE has been a joke ever since powerful abilities were getting fed by minions, and since a 200+ Juggernaut sounded like a good idea. The proof is they're even considering adding in an auto pilot mode, but I'd be surprised if the bots could manage any of those nodes either. I'm horrified to even think of what they'd do in PvP scenarios where efficiency is king.

Maybe I'm just grumpy but there's so many things that could be a whole lot better in the game with the right effort but that's not getting done. The costs are ridiculously high for entry, and we get constantly recycled content with new characters that you need to compete, in an ever increasing roster of mediocre builds, in a game that's vastly easier to balance than a whole lot of other games out there.