What kind of contests would you like to see around the forum

2»

Comments

• blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Some variation on "The Quiet Game" might be interesting... See who can go the longest without complaining?

icon_lol.gif
  • I'll bite on that, raisinbman.

Design your own PvE contest. You set the subs, essentials, team nodes, boosted characters, scalling, the prog & placement rewards, EVERYTHING.

Naturally, if you win, your reward is that you get to play your PvE event...in a bracket of 1 player.

The only restriction: you can only cover something that has happend in the Marvel cannon. No future-guessing or "Betsy Braddock visits IReallyHatePVP's school".

PM me if my idea wins icon_e_wink.gificon_cool.gif
  • I'll bite on that, raisinbman.

Design your own PvE contest. You set the subs, essentials, team nodes, boosted characters, scalling, the prog & placement rewards, EVERYTHING.

Naturally, if you win, your reward is that you get to play your PvE event...in a bracket of 1 player.

The only restriction: you can only cover something that has happend in the Marvel cannon. No future-guessing or "Betsy Braddock visits IReallyHatePVP's school".

PM me if my idea wins icon_e_wink.gificon_cool.gif
    Ok, here are my original ideas for PVE events(Don't steal, OC!!!!!)

Iron Man Movie

Iron Man 2 Movie

Iron Man 3 Movie

Thor Movie
    Thor 2 Movie
    Avengers Movie
    Avengers 2 Movie
    Hawkeye Movie that didn't happen
    Hypothetical Black Widow Movie that should've happened
    Captain America Movie
    Captain America 2 Movie
    Hulk Movie
    Guardians of the Galaxy

Other ideas: Origin stories for quick PVEs
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Be a Dev for a week" contest!

We gain the ability to be in the Devs position for a week.. Woooo! icon_lol.gif
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I also like the art contest idea - any medium.
  • "Be a Dev for a week" contest!

We gain the ability to be in the Devs position for a week.. Woooo! icon_lol.gif

Does that mean we have to stop posting?
  • Ooh. I vote for Marvel trivia contests.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, are any contests going to be happening? I think the forum needs some fun!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    blinktag wrote:
    Some variation on "The Quiet Game" might be interesting... See who can go the longest without complaining?

icon_lol.gif

Winner gets to be the only one with a downvote.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    yeah, i'm making a 'design PVEs and hack so that they're in game contest', winner gets an upvote(possibly MORE upvote from other people!!!) icon_mrgreen.gif
  • As unlikely as it is, I think the "Design a PVE" has been the best suggestion on here.

I dare say I could do a "Maximum Carnage" one using the existing character roster, that may not match the exacts of the original storyline, but would still hit the same notes.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:

So far the "choose a contest to see if there will be a contest" is well under way.
  • Haetron wrote:
    As unlikely as it is, I think the "Design a PVE" has been the best suggestion on here.

I dare say I could do a "Maximum Carnage" one using the existing character roster, that may not match the exacts of the original storyline, but would still hit the same notes.
    Sarcasm aside, All I could give you is upvotes, but I'd love to see it and similar ones. Sad this isn't a game where we can insert our own content, but maybe if we stick it in D3's face enough...

That being said I can't recommend anyone put anymore info into this game than they have to icon_exclaim.gif
    Buret0 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

So far the "choose a contest to see if there will be a contest" is well under way.

I'll open a thread for PVE making icon_mrgreen.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif...mebbe
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, sorry, between work and moving, I've been a busy bee lately!

I'll try and get something short and sweet up tonight, but no promises. Something like a meme contest (or something equally simple and amusing).

I definitely love the idea of a Create-Your-Own-Event(/Character) contest though. I used to be pretty big in TCGs and I always found those to be pretty amusing, as long as they weren't just ridiculous about it icon_lol.gif but sometimes those are funny.

Would you guys be interested in contests that involved other games or didn't involve Marvel/Puzzle Quest inherently?
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    JustDan13 wrote:
    Generate artwork using whatever medium you prefer, centered around the 4* season-end PvP alliance reward character.

How about a voodoo doll creation contest for the person who did the Sentry icon_sentry.png Nerf? icon_exclaim.gif (Or whatever character nerf)

Winner gets to post their video on the forum showing the needles going into those special spots. icon_lol.gif