PLEASE CHANGE !

Baddkitty
Baddkitty Posts: 67
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Of all the fixes...bugs...new characters..new story events..blah blah....why have you (d3) guys NOT fixed boosts showing up before a match even though i didn't select it. (used in last match) Sure..i could slow down and pay attention..but if i'm up til 3am...using 20%boost to get top in pvp...i win..then go to sleep...then wake up next day and quickly start up some matches..i keep WASTING 20% boosts!

TURN THIS OFF. clear out the boost\teamup slots after every match..PLEASE !!

I know many many many people waste these boosts because we're going too fast between matches. But come on..help us out. It's probably a very quick fix too.

Comments

• hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    No thank you!!

I prefer those boosts to be there, makes matches quicker when I'm hopping.

ETA: And I've made that mistake too, but I'd rather lose a few boosts than slow down any hops.
  • I actually like how it saves your boosts. To me they come in handy when im shield hopping. I'd like to think that those precious seconds that I saved by not having to go in and choosing my boosts saved me from losing hundreds of points on a hop.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    I also like having the boosts being remembered from match to match.

However, I'd really like them to add a "clear all" button at some point. It's pretty tedious to remove each set of boosts once you no longer need them.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I don't think you'll find many people willing to get behind this petition.

Sorry man.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Lidolas wrote:

Sorry man.

I'd get behind a petition to add either a clear all button to the TU screen or add the remove button back to the TU tab of the TU/Boost selection screen....
  • Agreed on leaving as is.

I wouldn't mind a "clear all" button, but for God's sake, don't auto-clear my boosts.

When I'm in the final PvE grind-down, that's one thing I don't need to focus on... icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    In a perfect world, I'd envision that screen having two different tabs; one for Boosts and one for Team-Ups.

That way, you click the Team-Ups tabs, it'll automagically generate a set of them for you, and then you can edit them if you so desire, or you can click boosts, and your last used boosts would populate, and then you could edit them form there.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Not really a solution, but I found that on the boost/TU selection screen, after pressing start match, you actually get about half a second where if you quickly press one of the boosts, it will cancel the match beginning and let you re-choose your boosts/TU. Saved me a few times from wasting boosts, when I'm auto-piloting and press start match forgetting that I have boosts equipped.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lidolas wrote:

Sorry man.

I understand why players want the boosts to remain in the slots after a match, however I agree with the OP where if I'm.boosting before bed, they should be removed after a specific time. I usually wake up n jump right into 1* DDQ n I end up wasting boosts cause I'm half asleep n wanting to beat it quick.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Fed up also with wasting decent boosts. Keeps happening when prologging for a quick top and then the sudden and inevitable realisation that I have forgotten to remove boosts.

Not at the stage of high speed shield hops yet but get how it would be annoying if they changed the existing system there.

Best solution would be a check box in the game settings allowing you to select your preferred option.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    The only change I want them to make to boosts is to let us use three of each again. Helped a ton with PvE. Actually, I lied. I'd like to store more than 30 of each too, especially the Stockpiles and 20% Boost Damages.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    mr_X wrote:
    Best solution would be a check box in the game settings allowing you to select your preferred option.

This! Make it a setting. Clear boosts after match, a simple check box and everyone is happy.
  • Lidolas wrote:

Sorry man.

I would; I cant stand that boosts carry over.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    of all the things that I would like them to spend their time on, this does not make list A, B or C. sure it could be better, but lets pick our battles. It would help me if the game were able to flip upside down when I turn my phone over - then my kickstand would angle the phone towards me at just the right angle to set it on a table/desk and play. as it is I lean my phone up against something (a book, my wallet, etc.). but... I don't want them spending one second on that when there are so many other things that are more meaningful that need to be addressed.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    This happens to me, A LOT. lol.

I'll rush into the a battle against a seed team or the 1* node on DDQ,, picky to realize I just saw myself fully boosted from the previous night.

That is VERY annoying, and "the only people" who would not mind that is in fact shield hoppers / pros / veterans......who only make up like 5% of the player base. Please know that. If (not for sure, but IF) that is actually inconveniencing 95% of the other people that play........
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    This happens to me, A LOT. lol.

I'll rush into the a battle against a seed team or the 1* node on DDQ,, picky to realize I just saw myself fully boosted from the previous night.

That is VERY annoying, and "the only people" who would not mind that is in fact shield hoppers / pros / veterans......who only make up like 5% of the player base. Please know that. If (not for sure, but IF) that is actually inconveniencing 95% of the other people that play........

Why are the non-shield hoppers / non-pros / non-veterans in such a hurry to play? The shield hoppers / pros / veterans are in a hurry to play because of the time constraints of not losing 100+ points during a shield hop. The boosts being left over from the previous battle is VERY beneficial to them while it is a minor inconvenience to the other 95%.

Yes, I have moved to fast and lost some boosts but it was my own fault. I know how the system works. I also really appreciate the way the system works when I'm on a 20 minute shield hop and trying to squeeze in as much as I can prior to re-shielding.

I can REALLY get behind a "clear all" button though.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who put the boost in that slot? You not the Game. Who should take the boost away? You not the Game.

When I get tools out in my garage, I leave them where I set them down until I'm done using them... then I have to put them away. When I don't... yeah I get upset when I can't find the tool next time I need it and nobody to blame but me.

Now the part that bugs me is that I have to actually do another battle to be able to clear it out. You have to 'pretend' to start a battle to get to your team-ups to request more.

You should be able to access your Team-ups and Boosts outside of the battle to be able to manage them. That is my request if they do anything.

PS: If there is a way, please, please tell me so I know...
  • If you want boosts on, you should have to choose them for every battle.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want boosts on, you should have to choose them for every battle.
    It used to be this way and players on the forum complained about it especially durring the sentry hopping madness. Having to go to the boos screen each and every time could cost you hundreds of points if you were not fast enough.
    The system as is where boosts and TU chosen stay is much better than having nothing. If you are boosting and going for quick grinds in PVP or PVE you don't want to choose boosts each and every time. This also means that if you go to a trivial node you need to remember to turn them off so you don't waste them. The game now also loads TU for you so you don't have to select one.
    Overall the system of keeping boosts and TU is much better than before. Xeon-ice has a good idea of a clear all button. That would be easier than going into each boost to clear them out.