Anyone noticed PvP points have gone down again?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The first event or two after they put the points up, I was having 60 point fights as the majority. There'd be the occasional 40 or maybe a 35 but most were at least 50.

Now it's just not that good. Oh sure, it's better than the 20 points I was getting before the improvement, but now most fights are about 28-40. If I see a 60 it's from someone with a level 350 Professor X and a level 270 X-Force.

Comments

• The first event or two after they put the points up, I was having 60 point fights as the majority. There'd be the occasional 40 or maybe a 35 but most were at least 50.

Now it's just not that good. Oh sure, it's better than the 20 points I was getting before the improvement, but now most fights are about 28-40. If I see a 60 it's from someone with a level 350 Professor X and a level 270 X-Force.

Was it just in the event offering a yellow Invisible Woman as the prize at 1000 points?
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Haven't noticed anything, need more info. How close to the end is the slice you are in? Are you climbing up from 0? Do you have 300 points, 600 points, etc?

If the slice is nearing the end and you are already in the top ...I'm just going to guess top 50 or so, maybe even top 25, it could be that everyone worth more points is already shielded and there just aren't any open targets worth 60 points for you to attack besides the person you mentioned, who might be the last guy climbing/is confident he can go un-shielded.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first event or two after they put the points up, I was having 60 point fights as the majority. There'd be the occasional 40 or maybe a 35 but most were at least 50.

The timing for the M-W for me (slice ends at 1am EST) is different than the other two (3am EST), but my time to climb is identical (8-9pm EST). That timing is enough to throw off the targets available.

Sometimes it's that simple, but overall I still saw 50-60s consistently until near the end of the event, so certainly no observable difference in the scoring from my perspective.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Haven't seen any change myself.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Was it just in the event offering a yellow Invisible Woman as the prize at 1000 points?

For me it was both Most Wanted and Coversquirrel.

Most wanted was far far worse. Basically after beating the seeds i got a 60 pointer and then immediately a bunch of 20-27 pointers. After using free skips I could finally find something in the 40s or 50s if I was lucky. I initially assumed I was just playing too early so came back 12 hrs later to the same stream of 20-27 point targets with the occasional 50 thrown in.

Coversquirrel started the same but eventually I found a stream of good targets after getting to ~500.

Talking to alliance mates most of them struggled to find targets in Most Wanted too. Coversquirrel I didn't bother to ask.
  • FierceKiwi wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

For me it was both Most Wanted and Coversquirrel.

Most wanted was far far worse. Basically after beating the seeds i got a 60 pointer and then immediately a bunch of 20-27 pointers. After using free skips I could finally find something in the 40s or 50s if I was lucky. I initially assumed I was just playing too early so came back 12 hrs later to the same stream of 20-27 point targets with the occasional 50 thrown in.

Coversquirrel started the same but eventually I found a stream of good targets after getting to ~500.

Talking to alliance mates most of them struggled to find targets in Most Wanted too. Coversquirrel I didn't bother to ask.

There seems to be a lull around 200. Shut down your game to clear out the queue and then skip the three that are up and usually bigger targets start coming in
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Nothing all the different on my end.

After 3 seeds I'll get three options for 70ish points.
    From there I tend to see a few 50 pointers, then 40's followed by a sea of 30-37 point matches.
    At around 800ish you might find big targets again (ranging from 60-75) assuming they are available.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    papa07 wrote:
    There seems to be a lull around 200. Shut down your game to clear out the queue and then skip the three that are up and usually bigger targets start coming in

Yeah did that song and dance number. Still got low point targets.
  • I admittedly bailed on PvP after discovering I was losing 100+ points while gaining 20-30 in a match...

DBC
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    OP you have experienced it because you were in time slice where werent any high scorers. I assume you were in shard 5 in Coversquirell. I have noticed it too, but this was the reason. No unshielded targets.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was seeing this in the Blade PVP in my slice 4 bracket. I'm assuming it was because there wasn't enough points in the pool. Had 500+ points and in top 5, so that's probably why... at least for me. Now that the higher ranks are getting more points, more points will be available.

I'm assuming the lower participation in my slice and bracket is due to the rewards being Spider-man and I may be in a bracket where people don't need the Black Blade cover at 800, but with HB black at 1K, people are probably climbing late due to the new higher losses creating the last minute rush to the top.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I'm in slice 4 but haven't started my blade pvp event yet, partially due to the need to save heals for pve. Also, I wanted to wait and see if I can enter a fresh bracket. If not, I'll just start at 12 hours prior and go from there. Hopefully, I can find some 70+ targets to ease my push. icon_lol.gif