PVP point loss

Loftus
Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all. Don't think i've ever made a thread complaining about something within the game but as the squirrel girl pvp event has just come to a close i feel i need to.

Does anyone else feel the amount of points lossed on a failed defence is way, way too high? I played a few matches every couple of hours leading up to the last couple of hours of the event. I was sitting at around the #150 mark, with the only desire to make top 100 for the purple blade cover as i have 4 black and 2 green currently. I won every single match i played, getting up to #46 with 5 minutes remaining. My team for the event was squirrel girl (94 base level) along with 2 star.png wolverine and 2 star.png daken. I played a final match in the last 5 minutes, thinking i would cement my place in the top 50 and hopefully reach the 800 points required for the squirrel girl cover. I fought against x-force wolverine, punisher and squirrel girl, all higher levels than my own and won in 4 minutes. I came back out to realised i had been attacked and lost 116 points. I played and won 20+ matches in the final two hours of the event and as a reward lost 15% of my total points the i had accumulated over two days in four minutes. Not only did i drop out of the top 50 as a result, but i dropped out of the top 100, meaning all those matches were played for 750 iso-8.

I'm perfectly fine with being penalized for losing on attacks, and i understand the idea of losing points on defence, but to win all my matches and just get a middle finger in the final few minutes is absolutely ridiculous and kills my desire to play the game. Why bother taking on player after player when you can get stomped by level 200+ characters each earning 40 points for kicking your 2 star.png butt?

I'm not suggesting i should be top 10, because i know shielding and maxed out rosters are required for that, but to dedicate so much time (luckily on a day off) to not even getting top 100 really, really sucks.

EDIT: Thanks everyone for the replies, I'll try shielding from now on and hopefully will get some better results icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    in the new landscape t100 requires shielding at the end . if you are unwilling to put the 3hr shield on at the end, you are fighting an uphill battle finishing t100.
  • I think a fair solution is to have the system tracking wheter a player is already being attacked and dont let any other other player attack him/her until he actually ends the def match. It's so horrible that in 1 minute you can get attacked by 10 players at a time. But if they implemented something like this they would loose shielding effect and a bunch of $$
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Somewhat agreed. Defensive win points were decreased by 2/3 and defensive point loss was decreased by 1/5 then re-raised by 1/2 (+1/5 overall). While it sort of made since since offense > defense, why couldn't they decrease defensive point loss by 1/3 - 1/4 instead? Sure you'd still eventually lose the same amount of points in more matches, but not at such a ridiculous rate. The last hour is a total bloodbath. If you're only climbing in the last hour you're going to get hit for hundreds (perhaps thousands?) of points. Have found that climbing 4-5 hours before is much better, but yes, shields are needed.

@kamikaz22 that solution has too many problems including being unable to retaliate or constantly seeing "This player is already being attacked." "This player is already being attacked." It'd create so many ways to game the system including having dummy accounts line your alliance up and then never finishing the game, or having the dummies intentionally lose.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    in the new landscape t100 requires shielding at the end . if you are unwilling to put the 3hr shield on at the end, you are fighting an uphill battle finishing t100.

This guy is spot on. In this pvp world, if you want to secure a top 50 or 100 spot, you have to use shields, because if you don't, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Next time, start your push a little earlier and finish it off with a 3 hour shield. You won't lose any hp since the 400/575/725 progressions will practically pay for that shield plus whatever hp you get for placement.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I generally pass on low level teams i queue up unless they are 55+ points. Even some underleveled rosters I may skip. But that Wolvie + Daken team, I made it a goal to hit every one I saw. The points loss effects everyone and it will suck for when you get hit. If you don't want to get wrecked, you gotta shield.
  • I've been saving up HP and avoiding using shields, with the way things are now, I'm pretty much (1) Get Progression reward of 800 pts, (2) turn off phone/tablet and live a normal life. The first couple of events were so bloody...I dropped from Top 10 to like 297 or something stupid like that for not shielding. It is WAY too volatile right now...
    - Unreall
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

I've disliked the idea of the shield system since i started playing and have never purchased a shield to date. Previously, if i played like a madman towards the end of an event i could always finish top 100 and had quite a few top 10 finishes. That said, if the new system is what it is then perhaps shielding (when i need the reward cover) is the only option. I'll give it a go in one of the following pvp events and see how i get on. I'll be honest i completely forgot about the HP progression rewards and had always looked at is spending 75hp versus what you get for placement. Revenge makes a good point though in that if you do reach 725 you will always come out at least 25 up from when you started, regardless of placing.

Hopefully as i progress towards a full 3 star.png lineup i should get attacked less often, too icon_razz.gif

Unreal - spot on what's been happening to me and why i was getting so mad. Looks like i just have to adjust my game for happier days icon_cool.gif

Also just wanted to say thanks everyone for being helpful and giving tips etc. It's nice that what i perceived to be a problem has been met with some very useful advice from multiple people icon_e_biggrin.gif